Copycat

"Drop him here," said Clint as he released the shoulders of the man he was carrying. The man's upper body fell and his head hit the ground hard.

"What the hell?" said Marcus as he and Sebastian put down the unconscious man.

Clint, Marcus and Sebastian stood in the middle of a bridge above the large Connecticut river. Clint looked down at the river while Marcus and Sebastian checked on the unconscious body. It was two in the morning and there were no vehicles in sight other than Sebastian's pick-up truck.

"What is exactly the plan here?" asked Marcus.

"We're going to toss him over the bridge," said Clint, catching Marcus and Sebastian by surprise.

"That's crazy," said Sebastian. "He'll die."

"That's the point," said Clint, turning to face them. "What did you think we were about to do?"

"I thought we we're just going to dump him here. I didn't think you were going to kill him."

"How exactly does that avenge my cousin?" asked Clint.

"But this is murder," said Sebastian as he looked to Marcus for back up. Marcus didn't give it to him as he looked away.

Clint went over to the body and kicked him on the side. "This piece of shit is going to get exactly what he deserves."

"We're going to get caught. Someone is going to report seeing my truck."

"No one has passed by. No one has seen us yet, and if they did, you're just going to report your truck stolen tomorrow."

"That's not going to work," said Sebastian, his hands trembling. "This isn't planned right."

"Look," said Clint. "We are going to dump him over the bridge and he won't be discovered for a couple of days, maybe even a week so I don't think it's even necessary to report your truck stolen." Clint leaned over the man who poisoned his cousin with bad pills. "The police will probably rule his death a suicide or they'll connect it to the other men who've been found in this river recently." Clint stood up and straight. "The police might declare it a murder and combine it to the other deaths. They might finally admit there's a serial killer in this city and attach his death to him."

"A serial killer?"

"Yeah, there's a serial killer around here and this type of murder has been his MO. If they do declare his death a murder, it'll be blamed on the serial killer, not us. You said this isn't planned right. I've been planning this ever since my cousin died. I know exactly what I'm doing."

Sebastian looked at Marcus who only gave him a nod. "I didn't sign up for this. I'm out of here," he said as he walked away. "I'll report the truck stolen in the morning."

"You're still with me?" Clint asked Marcus.

"Of course brother."

"Then help me get him over."

Unbeknownst to the guys, the serial killer watched them as they tossed their victim over the bridge.

Searching For A Homeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें