Chapter 13

We were heading towards the ocean. Wherever I was going, it was over seas. If I were to absorb the ocean, the world could die even if I did, so I guess I could count that as a victory. If I get to it. I probably will. I'm starting to think I'm invincible.

Most people would love that however if you're looking for fun in a world of magic where video games and theme parks aren't a place, it's pretty boring. Like being an immortal in a world of kill or be killed.

Actually, I don't think I've collected any currency, so does this world have it's own version of the purge. Once every now and then, anything is legal for a day and in return everything is free the whole year.

That'd be interesting. Wait, no, this world does have currency since theirs a bounty on my head, then there's all the treasure I absorbed. Man, I really should focus more. So, we kept walking. Eventually we reached the blue ocean. It was interesting. I instantly absorbed the beach. Cause why not.

Now I could be sandman. (No not the one who gives people dreams like from Rise of the Guardians but Marvel's Sandman.)

I look around to see someone with blue hair standing in front of us on a pillar of water. Must be the guardian. "Please don't resist." She says as I'm tossed into the water.

The water suddenly stops surrounding me as she comes in close, performing more fluid movements than the other 2 I've fought, using accuracy and consistency over power. But the attacks were still powerful.

Her moves were sort of like water. As fluid as it anyways. I felt cracks and tried to absorb some water only for it to move away. Knowing my absorption wasn't getting me out of this one, I become lightning.

Immediately the world is slowed down for them. I zap into the water and then she starts screaming in immense pain. I turn back into the crystal form, and suddenly, all sea water is gone. I get up, sea the girl and realize she wasn't as broken as the other 2.

She was a young girl with long black hair. She wore what looks to be a hospital gown and she was scared. She backed up, and started running. I become lightning and intercept her.

"Why are you doing this?" She asks tears in her eyes. "Instincts, learning from the past, mainly how people attacked me before I attacked them. Now, I don't make that mistake. Why are you a guardian. From the looks of it, you're just a kid." I say.

"Oh, I was reincarnated. I was quite literally born yesterday. I'm from a different world where the world is dying because of parasitic humans." She says.

"Earth?" I ask. "You're also reincarnated?" She asks.

"Yeah. Makes me feel slightly sorry for you." I say. "Then use my power as you sea fit." She say giggling.

"I will." I say as I grab her arm.

...

...

...

...

But instead of absorbing her, I start walking with her as she faintly glowed before going back to normal.

"What?" She asked. "It'd just be plain rude of me to kill you. You're the only other person who is from my world, and you're only a kid. Why not?" I ask.

"Well, she did try to kill us." Shi says. "People try to kill us all the time. It's basically a 'how do you do' at this point." I say.

"Fair enough. So, let's get going. It'll take forever to walk to where you're going." Shi says.

"Okay, but first-" I place my hand on the continent behind us and absorb in and everything on it, swiftly turning to lightning to absorb anything that survived. "Now, we can go." I say as I pick up...

"Actually kid, what's your name?" I ask. "Aqua. My parents were anime fans." She says.

I guess that makes sense. Off on our way to the end of the world.