Chapter VI: Halloween

"Oakley!" 

The brunette turned her head to see her blonde best friend and her best friend's boyfriend running towards her.

It was now late October and Oakley sat with William in the courtyard as they studied for their upcoming transfiguration exam. The two had been inseparable since their reunion. William stopped hanging out with Pansy, or at least that's what he had told Oakley. The girl continued to 'bully' Cedric during potions, but it was now known by him that she didn't really hate him. 

Cedric had noticed she had stepped back from him a lot in the past few weeks; she didn't look for him in the great hall anymore or meet his gaze in the hallways. He didn't like not having as much contact with her, but when he tried to talk to her outside of potions class, she would always disappear into a group.

"Are you coming to the Halloween party in the common room tomorrow night? It's going to be wicked," Lily asked the couple, her arm wrapped around Adrian's.

"I didn't realize there was one," Oakley answered. "But considering I live there, I'm guessing I don't have a choice,"

William chuckled and put his arm across his girlfriends shoulders. He smiled and kissed her temple.

"It'll be fun," he said, squeezing her. "Is it just Slytherin kids?"

"No, but kids from other houses have to be invited by one," Adrian answered pridefully.

Oakley's eyes wandered to a tree on the far side of the courtyard as her friends continued their chatter. She saw Carter standing with two other boys, glaring into the back of Adrian's head. Since Lily and him started dating, Carter and Adrian's once civil relationship turned into Carter hating him and Adrian not caring. Oakley thought she knew why her friend was acting this way, but she wasn't planning on making any assumptions.

"Oh goodness, Adrian class is about to start,"Lily started to walk away with the boy, but turned back for a second. "Oh, I almost forgot to mention it's a costume party. Oak we can get ready together before, yeah?"

Oakley would've answered if Lily hadn't sped out of the courtyard dragging the tall quidditch player behind her.

"Oh Merlin," she started with a slight scowl across her face. "Costume party? Really?"

"Oak, lighten up," William laughed at her disgust. "How bad can it be?"

-

It was finally Friday night and Oakley and Lily were getting their costumes on. Oakley had decided to be Wednesday Addams from a muggle movie that had come out a few years prior called 'The Addams Family'. Her and William thought it would be funny, considering her last name is also Adams. She had a black dress with a white collar, black fishnet tights, and her favorite pair of Doc Martin's. Her long, brown hair was tied into two braids, and Lily had helped her do a little bit of makeup. Oakley didn't want to go over the top.

Lily, on the other hand, was in a white, silk dress and white pumps; her blonde hair teased into a messy, but still cute style topped with a tiara. She had bright red lips and long black lashes; she looked stunning. She was going as Courtney Love and Adrian was going as Kurt Cobain (by force).

Pansy had walked in and out of the room a few times. She was dressed up as Mia Wallace from Pulp Fiction. She already had the black bob and bangs, so it worked out well for her. She had on black pants with a tight, black, lace corset on top underneath a slightly open, white, button-down shirt. Oakley noticed that her boobs were nearly pouring out of it which made her nauseous. She also noticed that Pansy had a pack of cigarettes with her. Whether it was for the costume or just for her own pleasure, Oakley didn't know.