Chapter XIII: Super Trooper

Oakley awoke to the sun's soft reflection on the snow outside her window. It was December 23rd and she would be heading home for holiday that evening. She sat up on her bed in her empty room, still flustered from last night's previous events. Looking at the clock she saw it was nearly 11 am. 

Any other weekend she would be aggravated with herself for waking up so late, but she was so elated nothing could put a damper on her mood...at least in that moment. She hopped out of bed (with slight difficulty as her legs were extremely sore), showered, and got ready for the day. She quickly used her wand to dry her hair with a spell Lily taught her their first year. After pulling on a pair of mom jeans, her Slytherin jumper, and a beat up pair of vans, she exited her dormitory to find her friends sitting in the common room.

"It's about time," William scoffed. "How did you sleep so late?"

"I was tired, I guess," she answered sitting down on an empty, green, velvet chair next to a sulking Carter.

On the couch across from Oakley, Lily sat on Adrian's lap, staring into his eyes and playing with his hair. The disgusted look on Carter's face almost made Oakley laugh, but she felt too bad to do so. She knew how upset he must be. She could tell he hadn't slept a wink the previous night as he had bags under his eyes and his hair was uncharacteristically messy.

"Psst..." Oakley leaned towards Carter and whispered. "Are you okay?"

He just shrugged and went back to his distraught state.

"Oak," Lily started. "Where were you last night? I fell asleep at like 2:30 and you still weren't there,"

"I was just with some friends," Oakley lied.

"Yeah sure," William muttered, looking at the ceiling. "What friends? Since when do you hang out with people that aren't any of us?"

"For your information," Oakley's temper was rising at her boyfriends words. "I happen to be quite friendly with a lot of people! Sorry if being out with other kids is an unknown concept to you. Just because you don't talk to kids from other houses doesn't mean I can't. God, you can be such a bloody idiot sometimes, you know that!?"

William gawked at Oakley's sudden outburst. She was never one to snap like that, especially not at him. Their fights were always either him yelling at her, or her being quietly mad at him for a little while.

"Well excuse me," William responded sarcastically with an eye roll. "Still, what friends are we talking about here? Pretty boy Diggory and his posse of mudbloods?"

"You are unbelievable!" Oakley's voice was rising to no extent. The whole common room (which wasn't very full aside from a group of third years in the corner, two fifth years playing wizard's chess, and a few seventh years by the fireplace) was staring at the two. "First of all, just because someone isn't a Slytherin doesn't make them muggle born, and there's nothing  wrong with that anyways! Second, no, I wasn't with Cedric and his friends considering you'd lose your mind if I was within ten feet of them. Not that you even deserve to know, but I was actually with the Weasley twins and a few of their housemates. Happy now?"

"No! Because now I know you're friends with those filthy blood traitors! Imagine what either of our parents would say! Who even are you right now?" he responded.

Oakley was speechless for a few moments. She was so worked up she could almost feel the anger inside her boiling over the edge.

"Fuck you, Nelson." Oakley stood and stormed out of the common room entrance.

Lily and Adrian had broken their eye contact for a moment to watch her walk out in shock before turning back to each other and Carter was now in a much more alert state, his jaw almost reaching the floor due to Oakley's actions.