Chapter XXIX: Give it a rest

Going back to sleep when Oakley returned wasn't easy. She had the widest smile across her face as a million thoughts, all about Cedric, circulated her mind. Her stomach was still full of butterflies and her center would heat up anytime she thought about they way he held her, kissed her, did anything, really. His girlfriend, she thought, it's about time.

She wasn't tired as she got ready for the day, pulling on her usual white button down and black tennis skirt along with her tie, robe, and vans. Looking in the mirror as she got ready for the day she saw- for the first time in a while- an unconditionally happy Oakley staring back at her. She trotted out of the bathroom and came face to face with Lily.

"Woah," Lily giggled. "Why do you look all giddy?"

"Well," Oakley started. "I saw Cedric last night,"

"What? When? Where?" she asked, an excitedly curious expression crossing her face.

"In the Astronomy tower around 1:00," she answered, continuing her short walk to grab her bag and wand.

"Ooh and did anything, you know...happen?" Lily asked in a teasing manner.

"In the Astronomy tower? No!" technically that wasn't a lie.

"That's valid, anybody could've walked in," Lily said, seemingly dropping the subject as they began walking down the stairs to the common room.

Just before they reached the bottom, Oakley stopped and whispered into her friend's ear.

"But a lot happened in the room of requirement," she giggled and quickly picked up the pace, passing Carter and William, leaving Lily with a speechless and extremely interested face.

"Oakley Adams, you get back here right now!" Lily called, but she was already at the common room door by the time she had reached the boys. "This isn't over!"

"What was that about?" Carter asked, swinging his arm around Lily's shoulders as the trio continued their walk.

"I have no idea," she answered.

-

When Oakley had exited the common room and slowed down, she was quickly met with two hands wrapping around her waist from behind. She let out a small yelp before looking down to see a pair of veiny hands with a Hufflepuff ring and a silver band on two of the fingers. Her whole body became instantly warmer as she placed her hands over Cedric's.

"Morning, beautiful," he stated, kissing her neck.

"Ced, you scared me," she giggled, turning to face him. As their gazes met she felt her knees go weak at the sight of his gorgeous silver eyes staring deeply back at her. "But, good morning to you, too,"

Cedric chuckled before wrapping his arm around Oakley's shoulders and walking towards the Great Hall.

"Have you thought about talking to Snape this morning about wand-making?" Cedric asked.

"Yeah, I have," she stated. "I think I'm gonna do it. I mean, you're right. There's no harm in asking, and it is something I'm genuinely interested in, so I shouldn't hold myself back from being able to do it. This year I'm finally gonna do what makes me happy,"

"That's my girl," Cedric said as he smiled, kissing the top of her head.

As they continued on down the corridor from the dungeons, Lily, Carter, and William exited the Slytherin common room behind them. Looking ahead, William watched Cedric holding his arm around Oakley as she laughed. He felt his heart hit the floor at the sight causing him to stop in his tracks.