Chapter XL: Stuck With You

Oakley sat next to Pansy as Lily did her makeup. It was August 20, 2001. Oakley's wedding day. Today is the first day of the rest of my life, Oakley thought to herself. She had been in the best mood since she woke up that morning.

"Done," Lily stated. She was an enchanted makeup specialist now, working for a major wizarding cosmetics company. She was constantly in Paris or Hollywood to do makeup for famous models in the wizarding world. The two of them had reconnected recently when Oakley was looking for makeup artists, and they'd been in touch ever since. "It looks absolutely gorgeous,"

Oakley turned to look in the mirror of the Diggory's bathroom. Her and Cedric were getting married in their back yard for they had acres upon acres of green grass. It was a gorgeous day with blue skies and a cool breeze. Looking at her reflection, she saw the gorgeous glint of the natural makeup Lily had done. It was Oakley's classic look of eyeliner, mascara, highlight, and lip gloss, just with much more sparkle, a gold shade of eye shadow, and slightly redder lips. Her hair, as per usual, was curled with a few pieces pulled back with enchanted clips that glimmered in the sunlight. For jewelry, she had her locket and the rings Cedric had given her over the years.

Her dress was a large ballgown, covered in floral detail with a sheer bodice. Oakley looked perfect in it, for it accentuated her thin waist and plump breasts. She had gone with Pansy to buy it a few months prior.

Pansy, who was now in her final year of healer school, had recently been paid back in full for paying a quarter of Oakley's tuition her second semester of her seventh year

Pansy, who was now in her final year of healer school, had recently been paid back in full for paying a quarter of Oakley's tuition her second semester of her seventh year. Oakley and Cedric had both been making good money with their jobs, and they would be moving into a nice house in their current town soon. It was two floors with three bedrooms and two bathrooms along with a nice kitchen, living room, dining room, and small basement. It was perfect for them.

Oakley got her dress and shoes on and sat in Cedric's old bedroom. Cedric was down near the alter with his parents and most of the guests, for the wedding was to begin in ten minutes. Oakley was just awaiting her father. She was looking down at a framed photo of herself and Cedric that he had left on his nightstand when she heard a soft knock at the door. She looked up and met eyes with her father, instantly getting to her feet and wrapping him in a hug. He squeezed her tight before holding onto her shoulders and stepping back to look at her.

"Don't you look lovely," he smiled. "Dress is a little low cut, but-"

"Dad," Oakley rolled her eyes and laughed. She quickly composed herself and asked him the only question she wanted to know. "Did she, erm...did she say anything about the invitation?"

Oakley had sent her mom an invitation. They hadn't talked in over five years, and Oakley wanted to see her or talk to her or something, but she knew her mother had told her to never come back. She looked at her father as she awaited an answer.

"Well...she received it," he stated. "But she didn't say anything about it," Oakley felt her eyes prickle with tears as her father pulled her back into a hug. "It's okay, dear. You don't need her,"