Chapter XXXVI: Dumbledore's Office

No feeling compared to waking up in Cedric's arms. The warmth radiating from his smooth, pale skin mixed with the tightness in which he held Oakley made her feel safer than she ever had. Being able to open her eyes to be met with his peaceful features and rosy cheeks was unlike anything else. She breathed in the intoxicating smell of his room, snuggling further into his hold as the both of them woke up. Cedric's arms pulled her closer to him so she was laying on his chest, her hand running over his defined body as he spoke.

"Morning gorgeous," he whispered, his eyes still closed as he stroked her hair slowly.

"Morning," she said back, her warm breath spread across his chest. "It's nearly time for breakfast, we should get ready to go down,"

"Or we can just stay here and never leave," he answered, his voice raspy.

"You know I'd love that more than anything, but I have to speak to Snape about Ollivander. His letter should be here by now,"

"Okay," he sighed. "But give me five more minutes,"

She giggled as he shifted so he was laying on top of her, his head tucked into the crook of her neck.

"Fine, but only five," she smiled, closing her eyes.

A half hour later the couple still sat in bed, asleep once again in each others arms until James entered the room, disrupting the peace.

"Cedric!" he called. His shirt was untucked and his tie lay rested around his neck, untied. He was holding his shoes in one hand along with his dress robes, and an empty bottle of fire whiskey in the other. "Cedric, I am home!"

"Bloody hell, James are you still drunk?" Cedric laughed as he watched his friend trip around the room, attempting to reach his bed.

"Sober as a bird, my friend," he smirked, clearly far from sobriety. "However, I am going to puke, so if you don't mind I would like a bucket, my good sir,"

"In the closet next to my shoes," Cedric said as he sat up, Oakley holding the sheets over her as she realized she was still naked. "And don't puke on them, make sure it all goes in the bucket this time,"

"Yes ma'am," he slurred, opening the closet and pulling out a red, plastic bucket.

"This is not my first rodeo," Cedric whispered to Oakley.

She heard as James began throwing up, the noise making her nauseous. Cedric reached and grabbed his boxers off of the ground, pulling them on underneath the covers before standing up and picking out clothes for both him and Oakley. She watched as he wandered, his hair messy and his eyes tired. How is someone that good-looking? she thought to herself, taking in every inch of the god-like specimen in front of her. 

He came back over, handing her one of his sweaters along with her panties and a pair of jeans she had left there weeks ago. Cedric had pulled on a pair of khakis, a long sleeve black shirt, and a cream colored tee-shirt with the logo of a muggle band he liked, Pearl Jam, on top of it. The pair decided they would stop by Oakley's dormitory so she could get a real pair of shoes, drop her dress off, and brush her teeth, hair, etc.

After checking on the puking James to ensure he was alright, Cedric grabbed Oakley's hand and ushered her out of the Hufflepuff common room. They walked, chatting about what they would do over holiday together until they reached the common room. Oakley told Cedric to wait for her as she ran in as Pansy and Lily would most likely be sleeping. 

As she stepped into the common room, Carter was awake on the couch with his dress shirt untucked and his hair messy.

"Cart?" Oakley started, getting his attention. "What are you doing up so early?"