' 25 '

He knew that he had a one-sided love,

Sasori always knew (Y/n) was physical with his emotions, he understood he would hold hands with people in a platonic manner, that he would hug people often just to relax, and that more intimate acts weren't as 'intimate' to him.

He understood that (Y/n) couldn't love him back, he saw Sasori was a friend simply, the date they went on felt more like a hangout to him.

Atleast that's what Sasori told himself, (Y/n) never shared his feelings about things, so he's never really known what goes on in the other's head.

But honestly, (Y/n)'s just scared of getting too attached.

He wants to love, but he's scared to get close to someone, scared that they might die due to his fault, that they get hunted down and tested on like he was.

He was scared of the past that clicked onto his ankles like shackles,

And Sasori didn't know that.

Since the date from yesterday, (Y/n) had kept quiet as thoughts ate at him, stress slowly sitting in as scenarios replayed and reminded him of his actions.

Sasori noticed the atmosphere and decided to give him space and sealed himself back into the poison vial for a bit.

They've been entering the lightning territories since last night, which was nice after such a long time of walking.

The terrain changed as they moved in, the ground became more rock like and the altitude seemed to change due to the steep climbs and then sudden drops.

From the looks of things, it wouldn't take any much longer to get to the main village where the cloud shinobi resided, and the chances of butting in with one of the Akatsuki would be less likely.

Now (Y/n) just had to hope that the hidden cloud didn't have a jinchurinki to worry about them both.

🎋

"But Grandma Tsunade!"

"I don't want to hear it Naruto, I will not send ANOTHER search team for him!" Tsunade slammed her hand against her desk as Shizune flinched and Naruto's fists curled up.

"Then let me make my own search team, just like befo-"

"I'm sorry to tell you Naruto, but if highly skilled shinobi couldn't find him then it's going to be impossible to even locate him" Tsunade sat back down into her seat, Naruto gritted his teeth as he looked down at the ground.

Sakura was standing behind the blonde with Sai, Yamato and Kakashi, Shikamaru was waiting at the door quietly incase he got any command.

"But-"

"Naruto. . ." Yamato took a sharp inhale as he started "He-. . . he might not even want to come back. . . he might not even come back on his own in the next few years. . ."

Tension grew thicker as everyone was quiet.

Tsunade sighed and shoom her head, "I'm sorry, but the possibility of (Y/n) even coming back is thin. Please. . . move on for all our sake" Tsunade pleaded as she excused them, watching team 7 and Shikamaru leave, closing the door behind him.

Shizune fidgeted a bit with her clipboard, "Lady Tsunade. . . and what about Danzo's agency? he does proclaim to-"

"I want nothing to do with that man, he will not join in on this work, (Y/n) is a personal case, not a threat to the village so Danzo should NOT intrude" Tsunade bittered.

". . . Lady Tsunade, that day in which (Y/n) broke down and you took him out to talk. . . what did he tell you exactly?" Shizune asked as she flick at her paper anxiously.