' 27 '

Nightmare, after nightmare, after nightmare.

That's how (Y/n)'s sleep had been going since last night. And tonight was no different other than the fact that he grew irritated over not being able to get any rest, so he decided to go on a walk instead to maybe try and tucker himself out and maybe explore the village a little more.

So in the pitch black of night he was walking the empty cold roads of the village, the sound of waterfalls easing his settling nerves from the repetitive dream.

Sasori walked by his side, looking over a book on the village's history as they both kept quiet.

The nightmares were repeats of the start of his traumas with him killing his 'friends' to watching his mothers get hung, but now the traumas he deemed physical started to set in aswell.

The memories of being chained up, abused and looked down upon as a dog were now setting in along with the phantom pains.

He hadn't experienced phantom pains in well over 5 years from his old back scars, so the repetition was not at all missed. Each phantom pain felt too real, it was worrying how his muscle memory had memorized the incidents so vividly.

How a knife would be jammed right between his shoulder blades, how it would be sliced and inaccurately stabbed, how they even used the blunt back end of objects to leave large bruises that would overtime turn into scars themselves, god. . .

A sudden pain struck through his shoulder as he stumbled for a second, stopping in his path as Sasori quickly dropped the book and checked on him.

"No- no" (Y/n) took a sharp breath as he dugged his nails into his shoulder, "I'm- alright" He reassured breathy as Sasori gave a concerned look "You clearly are not, this is the 2nd time today"

"Just some phantom pains" He chuckled weakly as Sasori frowned and picked the book he had dropped. "Let's get back home, you need some rest since Darui will be introducing you to his team soon"

(Y/n) chuckled as he slowly freed his grip on his shoulder, the pain fading away as Sasori rubbed his back reassuringly.

🎋

"The Akatsuki are making their move this way, I've heard from the village in the clouds that 2 tails was killed just last night" Shizune reported as Tsunade ran a hand through her blonde hair and gave a shaky sigh.

". . . our last report was that (Y/n) was heading North East up there?"

". . . that's what the last search squad informed us, though they couldn't keep track on him, they lost him through the land of tea. He may have tooken a boat to the Mist region, but we can't be sure"

Shikaku grunted in response as Shizune was soon excused by Tsunade, leaving the tactical general and Hokage.

". . . Do you think the Akatsuki will make a pit stop for (Y/n)?" Shikaku asked, he had just been informed recently by Tsunade that she too also knew about his past.

They were the only ones who knew in the whole region.

"That would be their best option if they knew of his location or were tracking him down. . ."

Shikaku was slid a few flyers by Tsunade, he picked them up to see that (Y/n)'s name was written across it, a payment of thousands being added along for anybody who could bring him to them in one piece.

Along with the added plus sign, signifying that they'd be raising or adjusting the price as needed to whoever was able to capture him.

"Fuck. . . they're really are out for him"