Chapter 18: House In The Woods

Dawn 18: House In The Woods?

Ice and Blaze were awoken to noise coming out from the carriage. "Where are we?" Ice asked. The horsemen looked towards them. "Our apologies, Our Prince." One said as he bowed. "We have broken a part of the wheel, we stopped by this village to get a spare one." The other stated.

Ice nodded and walked down the carriage. "Which village is this?" Blaze asked as he yawned. "Kelsey Village, My Prince." One said as he tied the horses on a nearby pole. Ice nodded as he observed the people around them. They were doing business as usual. "What does this village do?" Blaze asked as he saw the people carrying things. "Quake explained this village had the biggest tailoring business. Cotton is easily harvested here." Ice said as they walked into the village.

"Cool. I wanna see some of the harvesting!" Blaze enthusiatically said and rushed off. "Blaze!" He yelled and ran after the younger. As they observed the harvesting of cotton with Blaze nearly burning some, Ice was disturbed by how a woman with jewelry yelled at some of the workers. Ice approached her, making her bow. "P-Prince Ice. I wasn't made aware of your arrival." She said.

"I wasn't supposed to. Don't worry. Anyway, is there any reason why you are yelling at some of the workers?" He asked with a piercing voice. The woman shuddered. "It is due to one of the workers running off into the woods. We couldn't enter the woods due to some people attacking us." She answered. He raised a brow turning to his brother. "Blaze." He called.

"Yes?" He answered. "I'm heading into the woods, care to come?" He asked. Blaze was excited. "Sure! Let's go!" He said as he dragged Ice away from the shocked woman. She called two guards. "Find her before they do, if they found out how she lived, we'll be introuble." She said and the two vampires nodded as they sped off. Ice was hearing their footsteps as they hid behind the rock.

"Why are we hiding from them?" Blaze asked. "That woman's up to something. I may be lazy, but I'm not that stupid." He said and peeked. "Time to go." He signalled and they followed the men. They were led into a small dusty house. The men were trying to barge in when Blaze stepped up. "Flaring Slice!" He yelled and sliced their backs. The men were shocked and was about to fight back.

"You dare oppose my brother?" Ice said as a dark aura emitted from him. Ice stepped forward to them, every step he took froze below his feet. "I do not tolerate you." Ice said as he placed his palm on their shoulder, freezing them in place. The two left the men frozen and entered the small house. Blaze was looking around, carefully stepping on the floor. Ice entered a separated room.

He smelled something odd around the room. Blaze followed and came close to the bed. "Hey... Blaze. Can you smell something in here?" Ice asked. Blaze sniffed around and scented something from under the table. Ice walked over and pulled the chair out, revealing a woman. She looked slowly towards him. "I'm a good guy. Mind coming out of there?" Ice said and she peeked first, seeing no presence of others.

She climbed out of her hiding spot, dusting off her violet clothes. "Mind telling us why they're after you?" Blaze asked as he stood back from her. She scratched the back of her bronze hair. "I couldn't pay for my parent's debt. I had begged the woman for a small extension, but she yelled at me and told me she'll kill me." She said as she wiped her tears off. "I even stole things for her just to pay for it." She sobbed.

Ice patted her back. "We need to leave anyway. You need to come with us. You aren't safe here." Blaze said as he walked out. She slowly followed with Ice following her. Ice got a glimpse of her left shoulder and saw something unexpected. His mark was on her. They were now outside meeting the eyes of the woman.

"Prince Ice! Thank goodness, you've brought her back for me." She stated and was about to pull her towards her men. "No. She will be serving under me. I've chosen her as my servant." Ice simply said, making them shocked. "B-But pri--" "do you oppose of my brothers orders?" Blaze said with a smile. The woman gritted her teeth. "N-No." She answered. Ice grabbed her wrist. "What's you name?" He asked as they were approaching the carriage.

"Y-Yona." She answered. "Well... nice to meet you, Yona. Time to go." Blaze said as they rode the carriage. The woman fumed with anger as one of her payment has been reduced...