Jost Adventures: Oman House (Night #2)

Tyson Jost Diary

September 26, 2020

Los Angeles, California

I'm casually walking through the basement. I split from EJ, G and Petey, because I thought maybe I could draw Tkachuk myself. Then if I needed help, I could just scream for them and they'd be there. (I didn't even entertain the thought of throwing out the option of using Petey.) I'm so wrapped up in my own thoughts that I don't even sense the Calgary Flame, until he is right up on me. An arm flings over my shoulder like I'm his best friend and I hear, "Listen closely to me, Avling."

I don't even know what the hell an Avling is. It sounds derogatory...perhaps some kind of young Avalanche player, which I know full well that I am not.

I spin my head around to him, focus a hard glare right into his eyes.

The curly haired Calgary Flame smugly looks back at me.

"What do you want Tkachuk?"

"I'm not here to kidnap you, if that's what you're worried about. Trust me, I reserve that kind of special treatment only for the Tkachuk Worthy."

"Like Elias Pettersson? Why do you have your arm draped around me like you're up to no good."

"Ah! See, rumor has it you can summon demons."

Oh, shit...this is what he wants? I roll my eyes and try to shrug him off of me. "So, what? Tell me where you took Gravy too?!"

"Not so fast. So, you're a medium for spirits. I watch Ghost Adventures and all that spooky stuff, so you can't tell me that you don't know what I am talking about."

I freeze in place and spin to him. I sigh and toss my eyes as I mutter, "What do you want? To talk to a dead ancestor in Hell?"

Tkachuk's grin twists darkly and a soft evil chuckle escapes from his throat. "Not exactly..."

My heart begins to pound and I can hear a soft voice in the back of my head, urging me to just drop it and run. Maybe I can scream. Afterall, backup is nearby (or SHOULD BE nearby). But a part of me -- the part controlling me -- remains utterly curious about what he wants (and to know exactly where Gravy is).

"I'd like you to create a portal, summon a demon for me. I'd like to sick that demon on Elias Pettersson. Perhaps you know him."

So it IS about Elias Pettersson. Wonderful. I snort and shake my head. "Not a chance. I don't summon demons for evil bastards from Calgary like yourself." I sidestep him and attempt to walk away.

Tkachuk chuckles and cuts me off, stepping into my pathway.

I frown at him. "I don't have time for this. Move, Tkachuk!"

"I don't think you're hearing me correctly, Jost. You ARE going to summon the demon for me to sick on Pettersson." His eyes flash with ice coldness and that wicked icy white glow is back to them and a frozen feeling soars across my skin.

"Look, it was an accident that I was able to summon on the show. I swear." I take a few steps backward, panic flooding through me and clouding my judgement.

"Yeah, it's an accident that you did on PURPOSE. Now, you have a choice, you can either willingly help me out..or...I'll have to force you to." Tkachuk smirks wickedly at me, tangles of his hair curling over his forehead.

My heart skips a beat and I open my mouth to try and retort something or answer him. But only a pathetic yelp comes out.

"Well..." Tkachuk urges. "What's it going to be?"