Tyson Jost's Ghost Hunting Diary from "Hub City Horrors"

Tyson Jost's Diary: Sunday, August 23rd, 2020

Edmonton, Canada

Western Conference, JW Marriott

So you know how Sebastian Aho was documenting hauntings at the Royal York...? Well, whatever was there has come to the JW Marriott.

After losing the first game of the series against the Dallas Stars, we both came back and found our floors absolutely destroyed. I mean most of the rooms were torn up, bed sheets all over the floor, family picture frames turned over, a string on my ukulele cut (okay Comphy did that one...).

And it's happened to some of the Stars too, including the room that belongs to my supposed doppelganger, Jason Dickinson (he really doesn't look like me, c'mon now). So, we all straightened up and headed to bed.

Today, we're all gathered in the lobby, sharing glares.

"You think we messed up your rooms?" Jamie growls. "This is why we should NEVER have accepted help from you pathetic losers!"

"You have no right to accuse us of this! You KNOW we're not like that," Landy barks back at the Stars captain. "Besides, if it was on our end, why would the same thing happen to us as well?!"

Jamie frowns and puts his hands on his hips. "To make it seem like it wasn't...you Avs act so pure, when you foster that." He nods his head in Z's direction.

Vladdy steps forward. "It's NOT Z's fault! He's a menace, but he's not like that. I've NEVER trusted--" His eyes land on Roope, who steps forward to join Jamie, running a hand through his hair. "Oh, hello."

Sammy G bristles, his cheeks flushing red.

Roope looks at him and grins. "'Sup?"

Vladdy sighs, dreamily. "I saw you on the ice...you're absolutely mesmerizing I must say."

"Thank you, but you never trusted what?" Roope questions.

Vladdy bites his lip, nervously. "Uh, it's not important."

"You were gonna say you never trusted Stars! I know you! You always get physical with us! You've fought two Stars in your whole career and I know you'll fight another one of us this series!" John Klingberg remarks with a scowl on his face. "Truth is, we hate you too, Namestnikov!"

Vladdy snaps his eyes to Roope, who is looking at him, stunned and hurt.

"Is this all true?" Roope asks, the hurt echoing in his tone.

"I-I..." Vladdy stammers out. "Yes."

"I'm hurt that you would be so cruel to my team." He shakes his head and his long wavy locks of hair sway back and forth. "Shame on you."

Vladdy gulps. "Please stop. You're so hot."

Sammy G steps forward and puts his arm around Vladdy, glaring at Roope. "Hey, get your pretty boy ass out of here! This is MY Vladdy."

"Tell your Vladdy to stop eyeing me like a teenage girl then," Roope sneers, leaning his head toward Sammy G.

Sammy G shoves him back a few feet. "Get out of my face, Hintz!"

Roope stumbles backward, but catches himself and launches at Sammy G. The two tangle up and begin to spin around the lobby locked together with one each other.

"If I were captain, Landy, I'd have put Benn on his ass already instead of just standing here arguing with him!" Nathan remarks with one hand on his hip and his other hand up before his face. He is eyeing his nails in cockiness as he speaks.