Jost Adventures: Bobby Mackey's (Night #3)

Tyson Jost Diary

October 9, 2020

Wilder, Kentucky

I try to get up from the chair, but find an invisible force keeping me in place. "COMPHY!" I throw myself against the force, watching as my friend's eyes snap open. But his eyes are dark. Like black. I gasp, seeing him sit up gradually and smoothly.

Leisurely, he spins around to look at me. Then he gets to his feet and glides over to me. He stops, putting his hands on my wrists and locking them in place to the chair, while the invisible force holding me down withdraws.

Comphy's eyes are black as he looks at me. Then his mouth curls upward into a devilish grin. "I warned you that I'd make sure you were stopped! There is NO way you can win this one! NO WAY!"

Comphy's head tilts backward and a wicked demonic cackle explodes out of his mouth. I know Tkachuk's inside of him now.

"So you say!" I snap.

"It's the truth, Av!" the other demonic voice, resonating from Auston Matthews' mouth hisses out.

"Tkachuk, guys, leave him alone," the voice of Johanna comes out. "C'mon."

"He needs to pay, Johanna," the voice of Scott snarls. "Just as Pearl Byron did!"

"We could cut off his head, Tkachuk?" the child-like voice sing-songs, eerily.

I can feel a burning on my wrists, but I can't move. I bite into my lip, struggling to fight back the pain. I can't show weakness or fear, they feed off of it. But splitting up at Bobby Mackey's turned out to be a really bad idea!!

Soon, the pressure of my teeth sinking into the flesh of my lip, splits open a cut and I can feel the warmth of blood trickling down my chin. But I don't dare scream. I have to stay calm and collected and figure out a plan.

Thankfully, Tkachuk underestimated one of my group members.

Yanni lets loose a loud tiger-roar from his throat and tears free from Marchand's hold. He swiftly slips out of the headlock and spins around, nailing Marchand in his big, ugly nose. Marchand staggers backward with a screech, but Yanni is quick and kicks his feet out from under him.

"Don't EVER touch this purebred tiger again, Bruin!" Yanni snaps.

And right after that happens, another stroke of good luck. Brendan Gallagher bursts in, busting the locked door. The others aren't with him, but luckily, the Montreal Canadien pest is all we need.

Brendan bulldozes Comphy off of me and I jump up from the chair and race over to free Nathan and EJ from Auston's terror. I dive at the possessed Maple Leaf and send him slamming into the wall, perpendicular to the one that the two dazed Avs (Nathan and EJ of course) are leaning against.

Eichel and Killorn are still out cold. And now Auston Matthews is too.

Brady still has Brayden in a headlock, but Yanni is pace-stalking him like a predatory cat. His blue eyes are narrowed to slits and his teeth are showing.

Brendan and Comphy roll around on the ground, exchanging blows.

I know he's possessed by Tkachuk, but I have to look away. I can't stand to watch my friend, possessed by a demon, get his ass kicked by a Montreal player. So, I pause a moment to catch my breath, before coming over to check on Nathan and EJ.

"Don't worry about us, just close the portal!" Nathan snaps.

"I need hands and help though!" I say.

That's when the guys from the main building show up, sans Mike Matheson and Dylan Larkin. They're missing, but I'm guessing they were apart of the bad crew and whatever occurred in the main house, required them to be knocked out. (It also caused William Nylander's precious Swedish waves to become messy and static-y.)

Patrice is leading the group. "What can we do here?"

I point to the well and say, "Close that hole!"

Without hesitating or questioning, they all get the concept and find a few shovels. Patrice Bergeron, William Nylander, Artturi Lehkonen, Nick Suzuki, Alex Barkov, Jimmy Vesey, Matty Peca and Dmytro Timashov get to work plugging up the well with dirt.

Ha-ha! Try to stop all of us now, Tkachuk!

Yanni attacks Brady Tkachuk, freeing Brayden and they both tackle the Senator and pin him down on the ground.

Nathan gets up to his feet, shaking off the rest of the dizziness. EJ joins him, eventually. They both rush to help out the group covering the well.

Brady Tkachuk and Comphy catch a glimpse, but locked in battle and pinned down, they can't do much.

Tkachuk screams.

But with all the positivity in the air, his spirit friends can't help him much and within moments the well's hole is closed. Buried. No more.

Brendan lets Comphy get to his feet. Comphy is shockingly not bleeding, but I can see a few bruises. He'll feel those when Tkachuk releases him. He stands with his fists raised and ready for the next attack.

But he doesn't make it.

Instead, with the hole successfully closed, it causes Tkachuk to let out a louder, ear-puncturing scream of frustration. Then he appears to leave Comphy, who staggers in place and the room, which shakes severely once more. It causes William Nylander to stumble and fall, face first into the dirt, covering the well.

"Ewwww," Artturi chuckles.

William pushes himself up and spits dirt out of his mouth. "This doesn't leave this basement!"

I laugh, watching the spirit possessing Brady leave him just as Yanni lets loose a hard flying fist into his face.

I high-five the Atlantic Division representatives and bid everyone farewell. Brady is holding his head and moaning. Marchand is still dazed from Yanni's assault on his nose and Auston is still unconscious.

William is still trying to get the dirt off of him and making disgusted faces every so often. But he leaves, along with all the others in some way: Yanni, Brayden (who are presumably dragging out the unconscious Killorn), Brendan, Artturri, Nick Suzuki, Matty Peca, Brady (who is lugging out the unconscious body of Jack Eichel) Brady, Marchand staggers out himself with Patrice behind him, Alex Barkov (who removes Auston Matthews' body since William is busy with himself and his looks), Jimmy Vesey and Dmytro Timashov.

Which means that once again, it is just me and my Av buddies.

Nathan and EJ are still shaking off the dizziness, having been able to fight through it to close the portal quickly.

Comphy comes over to me. Now he is feeling the bruises and the draining of his energy from his possession. "Hey bro, sorry about you know..."

I put my hand on his shoulder and look him in the eye with all the sincerity that I can show him. "It's okay, Comphy. You were possessed. I know you'd never hurt me. Let's get back to Denver, to the Pepsi Center and finish this."

Comphy brightens a little and nods. "Right! It's not over yet!"