With Curiosity Comes Great Paranioa

Hello aliens! It's been years and years hasn't it? Yeah I'm sorry about that, I've been busy with school and my brain didn't have like ANY energy or motivation to write another chapter but I did it! Also another thing is when y'all message me on the main page where everyone can see it and authors can rely, I unfortunately cannot because it says I have to activate my email and I don't know how to do it right now so yeah 😮

But anyways how were y'all's Halloween? I went as a Mandalorian XD and I forced my friend to come with me because I have the mind of a three year old when it comes to candy. 🤭

Anyways, enjoy-

I awoke the next morning feeling completely drained. I thought I could let the man's words smooth over and continue with my life but something held me back. Due to this, my eyelids felt heavy and my mind went blank when I tried to figure out the whole ordeal.

I groaned in frustration before groggily getting up and reaching for my phone.

9:45 AM

Too early...

Against my inner voice to stay in bed, I force my body off of the silk blankets and covers before trudging to the bathroom to get the basics done.

After that I go to the kitchen and make some sunny side up eggs with bacon and hash browns, eating in total silence for placing the dish in the sink and going to my closet to get dressed.

I decided something easy, composing of black sweats with white lines down the side, comfy shoes, and a cropped long sleeved turtleneck.

Cute but lazy.

I yawn, stretching my back before going into my bed and reaching for my computer. I sat in a comfortable position. Putting the laptop in front of me, and logging onto the main page.

I slide the clicker to Google, and start tapping my thoughts and questions away.

My first question typed was Who is the three headed dragon who fought Godzilla?

Multiple websites popped up, information inked all over with knowledge of the beast.

A small part of me felt sort of guilty because I was interested in learning about my father's worst enemy, but I knew I HAD to know.

——Few Hours Later (I'm too lazy to write out the information 😬)

My mind erupted with streaming thoughts and questions of King Ghidorah at the moment. He was still alive! He tried to kill my father with a power that practically balances dad's own power out. Will he be able to battle him again if forced to? Maybe I could do something??

I sighed heavily out loud while rubbing my sore eyes. I hate this. I mean dad has a whole army of titans but they probably don't even meet the criteria of strength, power, and energy to this tri-headed lizard that can circulate electricity through its body and shoot it out of their mouths or maws as you please.

I was so focused throughout the day looking up all the questions I had stored up I didn't realize it had gotten late already, jeez how many hours was I sitting like this? 6 or 7 hours? Without a restroom break or food too. I groaned and closed the laptop with a snap before climbing off the bed and using the toilet  before making a simple, quick meal.

I stretched all the way backwards before putting on my night dress and snuggling under the covers not caring about taking a shower or even moving a muscle.

I never realized how tired I was, dozing off almost immediately.

If I'd just kept my eyes open toward the window out to the sea and stayed awake a bit longer seeing as it was only 9:28 PM....maybe then I would've noticed the smallest glint of crackled gold lightning in the distance.

———Next Day———

Beep.

Beep.

Be-

Slam!

I groaned groggily, taking my now red hand off of the alarm clock and dropping my arm on the covers. My body felt like jello and the covers surrounding me were so warm and tempting.

But I knew I had to get up. So I did.

I rushed my morning routine a bit, wanting to get a head start on exploring around Fiji a bit more before the week was over and I would have to find a new landmark to travel to. Being a constant traveler wasn't the most ideal job I could've chosen but it paid me good and I got many opportunities to see new sights and meet new people.

Even with the excitement and looking forward to what awaits me, I still couldn't shake the feeling that something bad is going to happen.

Am I getting paranoid? I may be, I have been researching a bunch so my mind could be directed automatically to such ideals...but still....

I breathed in and out for a few seconds before leaving and locking my rented house and beginning my objective, hopefully forgetting about it later on.

———-

I arrived back to my house around 4 to 5 pm feeling exhausted with all that walking and speaking to people for directions. I dragged my feet inside before locking the door and grabbing the closest ingredients to make myself food.

After I finished, my energy levels were still drained, the only thing truly sucking the life out of me: my paranoia and concerns. I knew it really wasn't any of my business but my dad could be in danger. His power equal foe is magically still alive and getting his energy and strength back.

I may not only been a baby when the two giants battled but my dad is gonna beat him again. I've always had my fathers side and even gave quick prayers that he would end up the winner at the end, that he would heal and come back to be the same lizard dad he had always been.

Prominent bags lay under my (F/C) orbs as I stared into the mirror but I could care less.

I gripped the quartz sink tightly around the edges while plump tears rolled down my cheeks.

Maybe a breakdown was what I needed because once I let all of my emotion out, I actually felt a little bit better and refreshed, a weight off my shoulders.

I take a nice warm shower before changing and going to bed early, clearly needing the rest.

I guess with curiosity comes great paranoia.

Whew! Finally finished this chapter y'all! I hope there's little to no grammar mistakes but if there is, please tell me XD Because I tend to write fast and I don't catch those mistakes.

Anyways goodbye Aliens!

Enjoy wherever you are in the world and stay safe!!~