Square One: Read What You're Getting Yourself Into

After what we discovered, we all needed something to distract us and clear our minds. That's how we ended up trying albeit failing to watch a comedy movie.

"Ugh I give up, I can't get it out of my head, I've got so many plans and ways to get in and I don't know what to do with this information!" Leo exasperated while grabbing his hair.

With baited breath, I sighed before standing up and walking back to the office room. "I can't do it sorry, I have to know what else is on that drive!" I practically rushed to the room, hearing the footsteps of my friends following as well. I knew they couldn't resist it either, the temptation of knowing someone else's secrets and classified information was too seducing.

Leo found his spot back in the leather chair and immediately turned the computer on. Me and Christine stood on either sides of him as he booted up the drive.

As soon as the screen popped up with the different files, we went straight to work. Christine snatched up some paper, pencils, and other necessary devices to work to calculate time, placement of camera systems, and corridors and entrances that lacked guards.

Moving the objects off of the extended desk in the office, we begun our operation.

Papers were scribbled and written on, equations were being thought out, and a map layout was being planned. Christine determined the time management while Leo kept tabs of the whole building print and deciphered which ways would be clear.

I on the other hand, kept an eye out for guard, camera, and sensor placements, as well as offices or areas where people would most likely be.

In the end, our plan had changed quite a bit from adjusting different things and the difficulty of the situation at hand.

Leo would make me a fake ID and paperwork for me to get in as an assistant to one of the head scientists, probably Dr. Williams due to the fact that he had access to ORCA.

Well, we could only hope I got a position close to it at least.

After retrieving the box with a way out planned from Leo and an escape vehicle on stand by from Christine, we'd have everything we'd need to find out the real, probably sinister intentions of King Ghidorah.

One grave consequence in the plan though was if my mother or father found it. They wouldn't be able to comprehend why I was doing this. I had heard multiple stories as a child of my mother breaking into SOP and being experimented on, only to be the victor in the end and put an end to that organization.

I wanted to be like her. To be brave and strong even in the greatest hardships.

After we all spoke together and finalized the plan, Leo turned the computer off and me and Christine returned everything back to their original state.

After saying goodbye, Leo left while I went straight to bed. Changing into more comfortable clothing, I lay on the bed although not sleeping quite yet. My lamp was lit so I could see and grab the silver necklace on the nightstand.

Cradling the thin but nontheless special necklace in the palm of my hands, I glanced at the cat pendant while caressing it. Gazing at the metallic shine, I remembered the times my mother taught me how to protect myself from the world. How to survive and be happy.

With a small grin, I turned the lamp off and closed my eyes into a deep slumber.

Beep

Beep

Be-

Yawning, I grumbled inaudibly before sliding my hand back into the warmth of my blankets. As the sun rose, the rays radiated bright beams onto my face, as if urging me to wake up.

Hesitantly doing so, I lazily get ready for the day, wearing leggings and a jacket over a cat designed T-shirt. Walking downstairs into the kitchen, I cook up a quick breakfast consisting of hash browns and scrambled eggs.

Just as I took my first bite, Leo walks into the dining area and plops a thick binder down in front of me before sitting across the table.

With a confused expression, I pick up the manilla folder and open the flap to reveal information. Personal information about me it seemed.

With my attention on the papers, Leo explained what was in front of me.

"This folder contains essential paperwork about you and your required skills and experience. They all meet the required standards so you don't need to worry about it, I've already got an interview arranged for you so all you've got to do is go there and pass the consultation. Your employing for the position of assistant to the head scientist Dr. June, not quite as planned but she has access to the terminal of ORCA so you'll be fine." He finished with a heaving breathe.

Processing the information I asked, "how do you know I'll get the job? There's probably going to be other competition that meet even better requirements and experience than me."

With a calm expression, Leo replied, "you got this. I may not have known you for as long as Christine has but I can tell your not one to just give up or try your best. You'll do your best and you'll meet whatever goals you set for yourself. We believe in you, just use that to keep you going." Standing up to walk over to me, he pat me on the shoulder before leaving the room.

With a sigh, I close the folder and finish my now cold food before taking the information and going into my room.

Sitting at the oak desk, I turn the bulb on, the brightness illuminating the whole desk as I started reading the file.

A considerable lapse of time passed by so quickly that I didn't even notice the sun was a bit after 5 pm.

With an exhausted yawn and stretch of my joints, I stood up from the chair and put the manilla binder on the surface of my nightstand right next to the necklace.

I spent the rest of the day planning with Christine and Leo the layout of the building while memorizing the places I can and couldn't go without and access ID card.

I even had to fix to mine how I was supposed to act and what I'd wear. It was all a mess overall, but I secretly knew deep down I could do this.

I can do this.

How's that for a constipated chapter huh? 😂 anyways,  just popping up to say how are you guys? I missed you all and I think I'm going to bring back fun facts. What do y'all think?

Also for a fellow Alien,  *ahem* *ahem* you know who you are 😂, I finally updated a chapter so please don't break my kneecaps thanks ☺️😅 I've paid my dues so now I'm off the hook for now 😜

Okay see y'all in like 5 years 🤗

Bye~