Things Just Keep Getting Better and Better

A few weeks had passed with my mind on autopilot with my social life and routines while my inner thoughts were still in a never ending turmoil. I couldn't shake the feeling that I was missing a piece, or some type of information leading me to understand what was or going to happen.

I had managed to find private sources that told me things about this King Ghidorah than I would've imagined. My computer couldn't keep up with my diligent typing so I bought a newer model, hoping it would be able to keep up with my sporadic curiosities and questions.

Finally hacking a bit here and there in well defended sites, I'd gathered up quite a bit of intel about the dangerous Kaiju, fearing him more and more that I learn of its history and origin. I rub my sore eyes and rise from my warm bed to stretch and bend my stiff muscles. I had to go to sleep early and get good rest because tomorrow I would be going on a tour boat to explore the main parts of the island as well as segments of land that are untouched and unclaimed by humans.

I go through with my usual bedtime schedule as well as sneaking in a quick meal and then it's under the covers of safety I rest in.

My (F/C) orbs slowly vanish as my heavy eyelids close and a soothing sleep washes over me.

Beep

Beep

Be-

I snuggle even more under my blankets before smashing the top of the alarm again and groggily getting up. Even getting the rest I require, my mind and body don't want to cooperate with what's being told.

Steadily and more awake now, I walk into and fro my closet wearing shorts, tank top, and a button up around my waist in case there's an emergency or the weather decided to do a backflip out of nowhere.

After what felt like years, I made it out of the house pretty ecstatic and adrenaline rushed, locking the door and down the pathway. It had been so long since the incident with the yelling man that I had felt calm and collected...well for now.

I breathed in the salty clear scent of the ocean while walking to the building that connected to the tour docks, reaching in after a bit of a stretch of walking. Sweat was just starting to form above my brow and breathed a bit heavily due to the warmer air.

I signed in my name and walked down a hallway that exited towards the docks where the guide would be packing people on the nice boats filled with seats and a roof over them.

As I climbed aboard one of the boats, I sat down in the very back wanting to see the view better and to keep some distance from the other people. The warm sun released its rays of heat down upon the earth, warming everything up and waking up the animals more and more, especially the birds and seagulls in the sky.

We had been traveling and enjoying the sights for about 30 minutes when I noticed a slight quiver and rattle of the water. Birds releases panicked cries before flying to the sky for safety. A few people noticed the disturbance from the way the elevated mountains and hills started cracking and gasped in shock and fear. All of a sudden an intermediate station interrupted the guide's speech from the walky talky.

"May I have your attention. This is not a drill! I repeat this is NOT a drill! Stop what you are doing and listen carefully. Please remain calm and stay in your building or under any cover near your vicinity. Check your immediate area for injuries or hazards that have been caused by the earthquake and standby for further instructions. We will continue to keep you notified of any changes of the situation."

People wore panicked faces and started rambling over one another of what was going on and what to do. My own expression was similar until I saw something in the corner of my eye. I drowned out the instructions of the guide to all of the tourists and instead put my attention to the strange appearance in the sky.

Did nobody notice the sky gradually darkening and the heavy clouds forming ahead of them? Suddenly, a loud, booming noise struck the water in front of the boat, causing the water to shift and explode where the strike landed, water splashing everywhere. Tourists screamed and ran towards the back with me to avoid the commotion. The sound was so close that it deafened my eardrums for a good few minutes with only a ringing noise to accompany me.

Mountains around us started cracking wide open from the earthquake currently ravaging the area, ripping apart trees, giant stones, and anything in its path.

My heart was thumping so fast I thought it would jump out of my chest. I gripped the railing in front of me as I stared out at the scene unfolding before me. The people around me were so terrified and unnerved that as they ran around like chickens with their heads cut off, someone unintentionally pushed me over the thin metal railing, not giving me enough time to realize what was happening before I fell into the dark depths of the ocean.

Cold.

A cold pricking. Feeling took over my whole body as the water went through my thin clothes and swarming my body like bees to honey. I opened my eyes as soon as I was fully submerged before forcing my arms and legs to swim me to the surface.

I gasped for air as brisk water raged around me folding over and smashing back down.

I looked for the boat to climb back onto, my heart dropping as I see my only rescue gliding ungracefully away due to the unsettled water forcing it in any direction it pleased.

I struggled to keep my head above the ice cold water as brightly charged electricity attacked the earth like a scorpion tail stinging its prey but sporadically and very loud.

"Help! Hey! Wait for me! Help!" I screamed as loud as I could to get their attention but to no avail.

My muscles started becoming weaker and sore that I thought I would actually drown.

When was the last time I called my mom or dad and told them I loved them and appreciated everything they did for me? Did I even tell my friends how much they meant to me? If I had changed something about me, would I have been alive right now and not in danger?

Soon enough I found myself being submerged under water slowly, starting to give up and and accept my fate. Before my tired eyes went under, I noticed the bright light towering over the boat far from where I was stranded.

A helicopter.

Rescue.

Too bad I wasn't on the boat anymore.

My body was immersed down into the dark abyss of water that swallows anything that falls into its wide open trap.

Was this the end? I never in my life thought this was how my short life would've cut off. Just because I fell off of a boat. Hmm.

Before my glazed over orbs closed with heavy lids, I saw a strange silhouette moving towards me. Or around me? Who knew.

As it came closer I noticed a massive yellow face reach for me. It resembled a dragons snout until I blacked out.

Things just keep getting better and better right?