I Have To Get Away From Him

Darkness.

I was floating in darkness.

An endless abyss of calm serenity.

A place to stay and heal.

I slowly regained consciousness, my eyelids heavy and body stiff and bruised from falling unceremoniously on the ground.

I remembered.

My mother was speaking about Him when my body went into a panicked frenzy and collapsed.

I sighed breathily before standing up albeit slowly before walking to my bedroom and grabbing my phone to check the time.

2:34 PM

Sitting down on the bed not caring about my obviously dirty clothing, I checked my messages and calls to be backhanded in the face with total shock.

45  missed calls from 🤩Mother🤩
98 messages from 🤩Mother🤩

Oh no.

I'm dead meat.

I gulp, hesitating over the call button before sucking it up and hitting the button.

I waited with baited breath as ringing vibrates near my eardrums every few seconds. This was my doom, as soon as she answered I knew my ears would have to be hospitalized afterwards.

Click.

And here we go...

"(Y/N) (L/N)! What the hell was that last night?! What happened? Why didn't you answer me when I called and texted you a hundred times?!"

I winced before thinking of a quick excuse that she hadn't already heard before.

"Sorry, it won't happen again, it's just the connection was acting up again, you know how it is with storms."

A couple of silent seconds passed before she said something that completely exposed my secret.

"(Y/N) you saw him didn't you? I know what your going to say but he is dangerous and unpredictable hun, I just want you safe and sound from that monster. Your new at this and making contact with a kaiju isn't a game nor is it for curiosity."

My eyes almost bulged from their sockets. Here's the moment of truth...

"M-mom what are you talking about? Of course I haven't seen or made contact with practically the most horrifying, dangerous, oversized Kaiju, I-I mean that would be absolutely absurd, nonetheless a very small percent chance he would ever come to Hawaii. The ocean around the island is surrounded with giant rock formations and natural blockades to keep him out so there's nothing to worry about, I'm safe," I took a breather, "so no I haven't seen him."

I bit my lip in nervousness that she would believe my uncanny lie which even a dumb person could see through. But I mean this is my mother we're talking about, there's no way she would think twice when I say something.

"Fine but you better tell me when and if something comes up (Y/N), I may be your mother, but I'm still an intelligent Kaiju hybrid and I won't think for a second before coming to you."

"Mom I'm fine, don't worry so much about me, I'm an adult now and I can make my own choices, anyways I gotta go, I've got things to do today."

"Alright love you and be safe."

"Okay love ya, bye."

Click
I stretched my arms above my head before heading to the bathroom and cleaning myself of the filth I reeked of.

I closed my eyes and enjoyed the enhanced feeling of hot water pouring down my bare body, relaxing my sore muscles and wrapping me up in a warm environment where I felt safe and calm.

I eventually get dressed in comfortable clothing and walk into the kitchen to open the fridge. I peer inside wondering what I'm going to eat. Leftover Panda Express it is.

After stuffing myself with chow mein and orange chicken, I sit on the couch and turn the news on getting comfortable on the couch.

Channel after channel nothing interesting was on until one news anchor appeared with captioned words of "SIGHTINGS OF KING GHIDORAH NEAR THE COASTAL CITY OF HONALULU" This quick? This had to be a coincidence or just bad timing. This set something off in me so I watched closely turning the volume up and listening to the news reporter talk about how the three headed dragon Kaiju was sighted multiple times, each location different than the rest, as if he was traveling in a certain direction, north to be exact. I noticed that the map of Hawaii was shown above to the left to visually present the aliens advances. Hawaii was north of him.

He was going north.

But one thing stuck out to me.

Hawaii was north of Honalulu...but so was I.

It appeared that the beast had been lurking around in the water as well as the sky at night during storms or when jets traveled past the area.

Oh god.

Ghidorah was literally miles away from my location.

I switched off the tv and called to book a flight to any flight available which went to Texas so I accepted and bought my ticket online.

Time to start packing.

That night I couldn't sleep nor could I rest my simultaneously working jumbled line of thoughts and ideas in my head.

My flight would leave at 6:30 am which I would need to wake at least 2 hours beforehand. My bags had been packed and ready to go as well as a change of clothes on my nightstand along with my ID and passport.

Exhausted, I eventually fell into a deep, dreamless sleep to be awoken at 4:00 am.

Too early...

Beep

Beep

Be-

I groggily opened my heavy eyes before getting up and starting my very early morning routine. After I finish I grab my suitcase and bag and start to head out of the door holding a smaller purse with important documents of my identity and legality to travel.

I call a taxi which brings me to the airport where I had arrived from when I first got here and walked inside.

Chilled air rushed over my body as I walked past the air conditioner, soaking in the ivory white walls and smooth checkered floors that have been obviously cleaned one too many times.

The clear space cleared my mind as I checked in my luggage and went to go find my gate area B3.

~~TimeSkip to The Airplane Arriving~~

I board the huge plane when my number range gets called up, quickly finding and seating myself nearest the window. As soon as everyone is seated and safety protocols are visualized by the captain, we set off towards our destined location: Texas.

As the plane steadies itself and passengers fall asleep or watch movies on the screen in front of them, I simply watched out the window as we flew over the endless ocean of Hawaii.

Synchronously, I just happened to know a distant friend of mine that lived in Texas, so maybe I had a chance of escaping the beast.

Hopefully, fingers crossed, that I can reach her for guidance of what to do and how to create distance with each other....because for some reason, I had a gut feeling that I was it's target..

Let's hope not.