Secret Revealed

4 Days Later

The tender sound of birds chirping their early morning songs serenaded my ears as I was slowly and smoothly brought back into consciousness. All the while, warm rays of sunlight poked through the vertical slits of the partly transparent curtains and basked over my body. Stretching my body like a cat, a euphoric sensation flowed through my veins. Peeking my eyes open slowly as to avoid being blinded by the sun's bright shimmer.

Leisurely rising from the bed, I make my way into the bathroom to prepare a bath.

Ensuing the calming morning routine, I picked out and dressed into a casual outfit consisting of skinny jeans, a (F/C) blouse, and a cardigan which blanketed my form. Cradling the silver chain and admiring the cat pendant, I sigh, placing it back onto my nightstand before grabbing my bag and heading downstairs.

Putting on my shoes, I peek into the kitchen noticing Christine in the process if cooking bacon. The sizzle of delicious fatty bacon wafted around the room and into my nose.

Knocking lightly on the wall near me to voice my goodbye, "Hey, Christine, I'm going to go meet up with my mom today so I probably won't be home for a while, okay? Don't wait up on me."

"Gotcha, have fun, and tell your mom I said hi." The blonde woman replied while waving at me but keeping her gaze focused on the sizzling food.

Making my way out of the door, I settle inside Christine's Honda, turning the ignition on before changing the clutch from parked to drive.

After 20 minutes of driving towards my destination, I entered the premises and found an empty parking spot. Getting out and locking the car, I start following the cement path leading towards oak and pine trees. A huge billboard sign spelling 'OakView Park' graced my eyes as well as Couples and individuals with pets walking or jogging past me on the trail as I take my time heading to the meeting location I previously discussed with my mother.

As I approached the designated picnic table, I made notice of a (F/C) haired woman sitting by herself.

Getting closer to her, I make my way up to her and took my seat across from her.

"Hey mom" I spoke warmly.

The older woman beamed when she recognized it was me. "(Y/N) it's so good to see you!" all the while giving me a hug before reseating herself.

"Hey ma."

We chatted for a bit, catching up on interesting  topics and discussions before we gradually calmed down. It was now or never.

With a heart beating one too quickly, I swallowed the nervous lump in my throat before getting straight to the point.

"I called you to meet me here today because I have something to say to you. Something I kept a secret from the both of you." Clasping my hands together on the wooden table, I inhale slowly before spilling my secret.

"Ghidorah's been stalking me for a little more than a month now and I don't know what why. When I was in Hawaii, when he was sighted, I fell off of a tour boat and almost drowned if he hadn't saved me. That was just the beginning. I don't know what he wants from me, and he's following me wherever I go." After the weight of the secret was lifted off my shoulders, albeit still being a bit nervous of her reaction, I observed my mothers facial expression.

"You what? You're telling me you decided to keep a secret about your fathers, no, humanity's biggest threat from us?" Her eyes narrowed as her lips formed a stoic line. I almost wanted to run back to my car and never look back with pure judgment washing over me.

With shaky breaths I answered her, "Ghidorah has been on my tail for a month and I didn't want to scare you or dad, but," I continued with a higher pitched tone, "Me and a couple friends of mine have this whole organized plan to stop him, or communicate, whatever happens first but I just didn't want you to panic and I know how much Father resents him and I'm sorry, but I assure you this issue will be situated and I'll find a way to stop this."