Welcome To The Team

The movie had just about finished when Christine returned to the couch, getting comfortable and focusing on the ending scene. When the credits started showing moments later, I stood and stretched my body and cleaned up the snacks. As soon as I returned to sit down, Christine spoke.

"Hey so I contacted a friend who could help you with what you need. We made a plan to meet up with him tomorrow at 2 pm at Sunset Outlet, the shopping center at the lion fountain. Are you in?"

I thought about what she just said, a friend she knew? They also had resources I probably needed too. I wouldn't pass this opportunity up, not when everything was just getting started.

I nodded my head before asking, "yeah I'll come with, oh and mind if I crash here for a while until I get my own place? I can only stay in a hotel room for so long."

"Of course, you can stay however long you need girly, is your stuff back at the hotel? I can drive you there to collect your things and come back." Christine replied while getting up to gather her keys and shoes.

I rose from my spot and grabbed my purse before slipping into my shoes and following Christine to her metallic black Honda Civic. As Christine drove on the highway, I laid my head against the window slowly dozing off.

"(Y/N)."

"Rise and shine (Y/N), we're here."

I awoke to a start and drowsily raised my head and rubbed my eyes before looking around at where we were. Oh right, the hotel. I excused myself and entered the refreshing building before using the elevator to land on my floor and packing up my bags before closing the door and checking out. When I exited and found the vehicle, I lugged them into into the trunk before buckling myself into the passenger seat, giving the woman a thumbs up.

When we arrived at the house, Christine helped me bring my luggage through the house and into the spare bedroom on the second floor next to her room. The room itself was clean and the colors weren't too exotic or mismatched, but warm and comfortable. The creme walls were adorned with a couple paintings of beautiful landscapes and the floor was made of beige carpet while ivory white curtains lay covering the windows. It was pretty spacious with a full bed near the window, a nightstand sitting parallel to the headboard, a dresser with a mirror sat against the wall near the closet and a few other necessities to bring out the liveliness and comfort of the room.

"My rooms right next to this one so if you need anything I'll probably be in there and there's two bathrooms up here, the one down the hall is yours, but that's about it so make yourself at home." Christine said before leaving the guest room.

I sat down on the bed for a bit to regain some strength before finally gathering the energy to remove the items and transfer the clothing from my bags and into the drawers and closets.

After I finished later that night, I headed downstairs before immediately being hit with a creamy aroma with a hint of spice. My mouth watered as I descended the stair case and towards the kitchen where the delicious smell was wading from.

In the kitchen, Christine had cooked up fettuccine Alfredo with some garlic bread sticks and a salad. My stomach grumbled with want before making my way in the dining room.

~~The Next Morning~~

Beep

Beep

Be-

Click

My hand wandered aimlessly around the alarm clock until it pushed the off button officially starting my day. I yawned exhausted before slowly stretching my body backwards in a crescent shape before going slack, hidden under the warm covers. As soon as I heard movement in the other room of Christine getting up, I grumbled inaudibly before forcing my body out of the safe containment and towards the bathroom to start my morning routine.