The Friend

The plane had landed after what felt like a 9 hours of stiff, uncomfortable ride. I stood up and grabbed my backpack before following the other equally exhausted passengers off of the plane.

As I reached the entrance tunnel connecting towards the airport, I breathed in a long awaited sigh of fresh cool air. I quickly found the restroom and did my business and found one of the many fast food places to eat and quell my hunger and thirst.

After I finished, I sat down on a cushioned seat along the walls and dialed a number I had not contacted in quite some time.

Beep

Beep

Be-

"Hello?"

"Hey it's me, (Y/N) (L/N), I uh.. well I know it's been years that we haven't seen each other, I just landed in Texas and was wondering if you wanted to meet up?"

"(Y/N)? Oh my god it's so good to hear from you and yeah of course we can meet up, um we could go to a cafe I know really well, we can finally catch up on each other's adventurous lives haha."

"Thanks Christine, this means a lot, just send the location and I'll be there, see you soon."

"See ya."

I hung up, grabbing my bags on the way and exiting the entrance to call a taxi. Explaining my desired location, the driver agreed and pressed down on the accelerator. I watched scenery and structures pass by as we continued down a long winding road, but before I could take a nap we had arrived at my destination.

Creamery Cafe.

I exited the vehicle, paying and grabbing my luggage before entering the cool interior compared to the gruesome temperature outside. I inhaled warm blended scents of coco and nutty coffee lingering in the air as I observed the layout. Soft lights hung above cute tabletops and chairs, customers relaxed and chatting with one another or buying something from the line.

As I passed one specific table, I recognized the light blonde hair almost immediately.

Christine.

I smiled before making my way across the welcoming place and plopping myself down on the seat across from her immediately jolting her out of her thoughts.

She slapped her hand across her mouth, holding in a scream, head whipping towards me with wide eyes before relaxing.

"It seems you're still skittish even after all these years." I chuckled before adjusting my seat and beginning conversation with her.

We spoke and caught up after all of the years we missed and reminiscing memories years back.

She leaned back in her seat, drink half empty and asked "so why did you really come all the way to Texas to see me? I'm sure I'm not the only reason so did you need help with something? Are you in trouble?"

"No I'm not in trouble but I could use some help." I sighed before tucking my fingers under my chin. " Over the past time I've been in Hawaii, I've almost died, I think maybe King Ghidorah is stalking me, and I feel like my life is in danger which makes me think I'm apart of some game."

Breathe hitched, Christine looks dumbfounded at what I had revealed and quietly sat there for a few seconds soaking in the information.

"Okay, so what I'm getting at from what you said, either it's just a coincidence that you spotted him there, maybe he was just traveling by but I doubt a titan such as himself would be in Hawaii, but my other guess is you know or have something he wants." I nodded my head and thought for a moment before something suddenly came to mind.

I was frozen in my spot as the one thing just emerged from the surface of my consciousness.

He knew where I was because I have Godzilla's blood running through my veins.

Just like when they fought, father had known where King Ghidorah was located, because of smell and vibrations of earth, like a sixth sense.

But that means he'll probably know I've left.

I stood up suddenly, rushing out a goodbye before hastily taking my leave from the cafe, but not before Christine yelled "call me if you need anything."

I waved back before exiting the entrance and calling a taxi to get me to a hotel I had planned when I first got to the airport.

Cars and trucks passed me like a blur as the moving vehicle I was inside accelerated to pass a car. My head was pressed against the cold glass pane as my thoughts ran wild.

What would I do? Is there anywhere he can't find me because of my bloodline? What about my parents and Christine. Could I tell my family about King Ghidorah and revealing I was half titan to Christine? My head hurt just considering impossible questions. Of course I couldn't tell them, I don't want to pull anyone into my business, not ever. Christine's offer has been tempting though so maybe I could just allow her to know. She would keep my secret, I knew she would.

By the end of my rampage of speculation, I hadn't realized the taxi had already arrived at the hotel so I paid and left, entering the air conditioned building.

The reception woman signed me in, giving me my key card and welcoming my stay at the Grandiore Hotel.

Thanking her, I grabbed my bags and walked towards the elevator pressing my designated floor number.

As soon as I entered my room, my body felt like jello ready to collapse at any second.

Forcing my body for the moment to stay awake, I put my things away and step into the shower as hundreds of hot water droplets rain down on my stressed body. It felt refreshing to be honest.

After changing into a comfortable change of clothes I climb under the not-so-comfortable-but-comfortable covers and let the sound of air conditioning running lull me to an easy sleep.

It was the next morning, the sound the cars driving in the early time while birds chirped away looking for mates.

I stretched lazily and forced my tired body to rise and at least be hygienic to start the day.

After rinsing and washing, I brush my hair and slip on a tank top paired with nice fitting sweat pants and shoes before sitting on my bed and eating breakfast I had ordered from the order-in room service.

When I finished, I gathered my luggage together and placed a black jacket over my shoulders while holding my phone.

Should I do it? If I didn't at least tell one person, I would be running from danger my whole life and I couldn't afford that, not with people I love on the line no matter how big or strong.

I debated it for a few minutes in my head before deciding what my next step would be.

Call Christine.

I had to. In order for her to help me, she had the right to know what I was and my capabilities.

Ring

Ring

"Hello?"

"Hi Christine can we meet somewhere today? There's something I have to tell you."

Hello Aliens, been a couple decades since I last updated anything I know, I've just had a lack of inspiration lately but I'll try to post more, no promises of when, probably in like a few weeks or a month or something, I'm very unstable with updates so apologies 🥺

I just want to thank every single alien out there that read or is currently reading my books, I hope you didn't cringe too hard or felt it was not enough flavor, I tried and I will get better eventually 🤷🏻‍♀️

Have a wonderful dusk, day, or dawn guys~