One Step Closer

The day had passed and arrived too quickly.

I had minimal sleep and my body was so nervous it wouldn't stop shaking. My body felt weak. But I had to suck it up and act natural because I really needed that ORCA box.

In the past few days in regards to the news, I only ever noticed channels updating on the current situation of Ghidorah. He had changed his route from Florida straight to Texas.

Where I was.

This isn't good, the formally dressed woman speaking on screen announced that his travel time would take at least a week from his speed and any land forms in his way. But he could also fly which would drastically decrease the waiting time. I had to get that job as soon as possible.

Gathering my wreck of guts, I grab my purse before going down the staircase into the living room where Leo and Christine were waiting for me.

With understanding glances, we leave the house and pack into Christine's vehicle.

As the outside world passes by in a blur, I subconsciously pat down my black pencil skirt while leaving nail marks on my palms.

I just hope I get the job.

~One long car ride later~

Before long, our destination had been met. I witnessed as the slogan of the company sat boldly on its company billboard.

"Hey, you're gonna do fine hun. Act like this is a normal job interview and nail it. We'll be rooting for you." Christine encourage.

Leo nodded before gently patting my shoulder signaling for me to leave. With a small quiver to my figure, I exit the vehicle and walk straight towards the fancy automatic doors. These people probably snooped around with my identification but Leo was intelligent with covering his footsteps in changing a few things about my skills.

Clicking heels were all that rang in my ears as I tried to act natural and keep my footing balanced in the 2 in heels.

Heels were honestly a burden for ones feet, I felt bad for the women who had to walk in these everyday, just having knives stab you with ever lift and drop.

Leading up to the receptionists desk, the same woman from a week ago greeted me with a surprised smile.

"Hey you! It's been ages since you've been here, from the looks of it I'm guessing you're here for an interview, am I correct?" She blinked at me with curious eyes.

I chuckled nervously before relying, "Uh, yes I am actually, I'm here for the 3:45 pm appointment?"

Pointing a purple painted nail at a waiting area, she directed, "I'll call you when Dr Stevens is ready for you, you can wait there in the mean time."

With a confused face, I mustered, "I thought I was being interviewed with Dr. June?"

"Oh no no, Dr. Stevens is kind of the Executive Head Scientist, he's the one who manages employees and sees to it that he finds specific and quite strict skill sets and mannerisms in interviewees."

"Ah, I see, well thanks." With a nod, I follow the woman's finger to the waiting room.

Sitting down I take out my phone and send a quick 'I'm okay just waiting for the interview' text to the group chat.