CH 3: Misunderstandings...

Ace had started to grow suspicious of Mew. He was okay with being friends but he did not understand why Mew won't go to his old gang at all. Had something happened between Mew and them. But there was this thing that scared Ace worse than all the other possibilities, had Mew hurt Gulf in any manner. Though they weren't together anymore, Ace still remembered that, Gulf is not someone to hurt, his sister could kill anyone for her little brother. Mew came to sit beside him in the cafeteria, he seemed to be in a mood more miserable since he had a talk with his brother.

"Mew, could you tell me what exactly is going on between you and Gulf?" Ace could not stop his curiosity any longer. Mew sighed and said, "I really don't know if I should tell you about this. You're his ex, won't it hurt". Ace shaked his head in a 'no' and asked Mew to tell him everything. Mew sighed and started the story.

"You see, we were forced to marry by our parents. We treated each other respectfully, never fought and always stayed peacefully" Mew wanted to go back to those times, the time without all this drama in their life. "We lived together in an apartment, separate rooms. He got used to call me 'Khun Phi' at home and around friends". "When did you start liking him?" Ace directly asked him. Mew sighed and answered, "Around the marriage itself, I believe. Actually I don't know... I just, just fell for him" he didn't really want to talk about this matter. Ace was shocked at this statement.

Mew continued his tale. "Everything was going fine, we were growing close. Close as a couple, though neither of us confessed the feelings then" a heaviness in his tone. "It was when you came back. I am not blaming you for anything, though." Ace smiled at this, politely. "At that time Gulf... he didn't feel like coming around the Uni, he was afraid of seeing you. Maybe he wasn't ready to see you all of a sudden. We stayed home all day, I would not leave him alone. He was always around me, hugging me." Mew smiled weakly before continuing. "I was afraid that he would leave me and go to you back then. I confessed to him that day and he said he had been liking me too. That made me so happy"

Mew's face changed expression from a nostalgically happy one to a guilty one. "The night our families were celebrating us being a loving couple, that was the night. That night I messed everything up. I was pretty drunk then and kissed him. The kiss was nothing but I went ahead and we....... you see" Mew hesitated a little. Ace understood what he meant and motioned him to carry on. "Earth told me he didn't like being touched intimately...... and I a-am s-such a bast-ard" Mew broke into tears. 

"He could have pushed me away! He should have stopped me! Why the hell was I so drunk" Mew could only blame himself. "He used to trust me and I ruined it all in one night!" Ace was patting his back. "He must hate me so much now!" Mew whined again. Ace admired how Mew understood where he went wong so quick. He thought that Mew really cared for him.

If he didn't push Mew away, he must not hate him... Maybe... he wanted it too. Gulf surely loves him that he let him do so. Gulf is strong enough to push him away but he didn't. Mew is a fool to think he left him for good. He better go back to him. Ace thought. 

"I'd say go back to him before it's too late, Mew" Ace advised. "But how can I?" Mew really was too deep in guilt, still crying. "It will be good for you both if you just go to him now. Don't be stupid" Ace left saying his last words. Mew was in a daze, was he being stupid?

Ace did not come around Mew for the rest of the day. What had happened to him.

Mew was sitting alone, it was somewhere people didn't normally come in the university. Mew with his old gang would often come here to chill. He was lost in Ace's words. Am I really being stupid? But my  actions that time must have hurt Gulf so much. Mew could not help blaming himself. I had vowed not to hurt him. I am such a bastard!

He didn't notice Earth and Saint walk towards him until...

"He can be super heartless! I never expected that" Saint still was the only one who knew that secret of Gulf. "Ai'Mew!" Earth called, fury in his voice. Mew looked up at them, shocked. 

It had been a long time since he had seen the two. But, isn't Saint supposed to be with Gulf according to what Kao told me? What is he doing here? Mew thought, now feeling even more pathetic. The last time he saw Earth was when he had come to Kao's place to fight for his friend.

"Ai'Mew! you're hurt and it is fucking visible. Why don't you stop this childish play of yours" Earth was getting frustrated with how Mew was acting. "It's too long for you to still not understand" Earth wanted him to realize the situation was not what he thought.

"Leave it Earth! he must not have really been in for Gulf, desire took over him I believe" Saint was ready to kill him if allowed. If he didn't want to take responsibility, why did he do that!? Saint yelled in his mind. 

"Mew don't you feel done with all this?" Earth asked. Mew was still looking at him, he had no words to say. 

Saint was murderously glaring at him. Mew knew that they hated him for his actions. 

"But that's the best I can do for him!" Mew thought out loud. Earth and Saint heard him clearly. "What do you mean by that?" Earth asked him. "Didn't you tell me, he doesn't like being touched. I did much more than that. Shouldn't he be hating me right now?" Mew's words melted Earth's heart.

So this fool is keeping distance because he cares for Gulf. I am glad it's not irresponsibility. But what about Gulf. He really doesn't like being touched. Is he trying to put up with Mew's case just because he's married to him. Gulf is strict with his rules. No... there is care in Gulf's eyes too, he likes Mew real lot! even Earth's thoughts became a mess after hearing Mew's stand. He wanted to help these two... but how?

_____________________________________________________________

I think the mess should come to an end soon now.

Comment and vote as you please.

- Wan <3