Chapter 23- Demon Business

(y/n)'s POV

     "Die!" The demon known as Charlotte says as she charges towards me, scythe in hand. Quickly thinking about my options, I decide to parry with my sword, allowing myself to just barely dodge her advance. 

"Looks like your not all as weak as I thought" 

She calls out readying another attack. "I don't know what you are and what business you got with me, but all I know is that what your doing is wrong." I say. "And why is that?" She questions. 

"Think about it, your master is just my doppelganger and wants to destroy time and spaces itself. What happens after? Nothing will happen, if he succeeds he will no longer need you, and if I watched enough movies, if they bad guy succeeds he will no longer need his pawn by his side."

"You know nothing about my master!" She says back, charging in for another swift slash. I dodge and then slash in return, however she also dodges. "If you don't stop me, I will dodge right past that sword of yours and slash off you head!" She yells "Then, your friends are next!"

Onboard the Leviathan

"Sir, we are getting energy readings from nearby Castle Town!" a crewmember yells out. "Keep it together, once they 4 come back we will set our sights there immediately!" Second Lieutenant Leon responds. "Head to their current destination now!" The crewmembers and pilots nod "Sir yes sir!" They say in unison.

(y/n)'s POV

"This is getting repetitive!" Charlotte says. "You were supposed to be dead a long, long time ago" I chuckle, "Guess that means your a little too weak to beat me" Charlotte isn't having any of that though. "I'll kill you and succeed my masters orders!" she raises her scythe again, but instead of charging at me with it, throws it.

It basically becomes a spinning chakram. Usually not a good idea to throw your only weapon at an enemy who can easily dodge it, but much to my surprise she just summoned another scythe and charges at me with that one. Quickly, I switch tactics, instead I figure exactly how fast her scythe is rotating and then grab it mid-spin to the use it to block and counter-slash at her slashes.

"Now THAT is what I call a counter-attack" I say to myself. "But the outcome is clear, you can possibly beat me at your current state. You must see that what (b/n) is doing is wrong!" Charlotte doesn't give in. "I must obey my master's orders!" She responds.

One long persuasion timeskip later (bc I'm lazy -w-)

Charlotte collapses on her knees, after tons of persuasion, and lots of trying, she gave into the fact that what (b/n) was doing. "I-I can't believe that even though you told me so many times, now that I look at it, you were right the entire time." I walk up to her and put my hand on her shoulder, and give her a reassuring smile. "Everyone makes mistakes at least once, whether is a big or small one." She smiles weakly. "Thanks"

That's when I hear a groan, Ava just got up after a short knock-out. She gets up and sees me walking towards her. "You ok?" I ask. "She responds, "I have a slight ringing in my ears, I was just knocked out cold, been having strange visions and don't feel all that great, but other then that, I'm fine." Then she sees Charlotte behind me, startled she resorts to using her staff to bang her on the head. "stay back, I not afraid to use this." Ava warns. "Calm down, she's not all that bad." I try to reassure her. "Not that bad?!" She yells in disbelief, "Look at her! She's a demon!" SO I then have to tell the story to her.

After all the girls, one by one, wake up I tell them the story and then once we were all back, decided to head back up. "Right on time" Amy says as the Leviathan soars ahead.

We board the ship, and are met with the Second Lieutenant "What's the matter sir?" I ask.

"We're under attack."

A.N - Woo! another chapter is done. So what do you guys think? How will (y/n) react? and what's Charlotte's plan? Does she actually believe (y/n)? or is she just playing along?" all that aside this book is coming to a close! and book 2 of this trilogy is currently in development. That's it for now and I'll see you in the next chapter.

Cya!