Chapter 27- Darkness and Light

(y/n)'s POV

(b/n) makes the first move, with a swift motion he quickly charges forward, delivering a horizontal slash towards (f/n). He quickly moves his shield and just barely manages to block the strike, (y/n) then takes this opportunity to strike, leaping into the air and combining the water and fire elements, creating steam.

The steam was thick, and (b/n) couldn't see anything. "You think a little smoke screen can stop me?" he says.  "No, but this will!" (y/n) says from behind him. He jump-slashes (b/n), a direct hit, causing him to stumble back.

"(f/n), now!"

Upon hearing the signal, (f/n) attempts to backstab the (b/n) and it connects, shattering (f/n)'s sword into 2.

"W-What?" (f/n) states in disbelief.

(b/n) laughs, "You think that will stop ME?" He says and counters with a swift slash, sending (f/n) flying."

"f/n)!" Ava calls in dispair.

I remind her, "He can't die remember? Thats just his video game character." Ava then nods, and fires some more basic spells, not even fazing (b/n).

In a blink of an eye, (b/n) swifly runs and slashes at me with his sword, I barely get my own up in time to block his onslaught. 

That is until...

(b/n)'s final attack of the combo connects, and manages to thurst his sword deep into my chest. Ava can only watch in horror as I fall to the ground, my pain was inmeasureable.

"(y/n)!" Ava cries, suddenly theres a bright flash of light, and I watch from the ground, still in pain, as she gets engulfed by it. When the light fades away, I see Ava again, except she's different, and her casual clothes are replaced with armor. "E-Eh?" She says in confusion. Then, the confusion turns into anger, "I cannot allow you to hurt (y/n) anymore!" She shouts and plunges her staff into the ground. "Wall of Fire!" she calls out and casts the corrosponding spell.

Wall of Fire? I think to myself. Thats the highest tier spell in the game!

As a wall made out of fire charges toward (b/n) he attempts to make a barrier, but to no avail. He gets incinerated by the spell. Taking this moment, I slowly manage to get up, grab my sword and plunge it into (b/n)'s back, and fall to the floor, unconscious.

The next thing I know, I'm back at the stronghold and the whole gang is next to me. I groan as I get up, and immediately get jumped on by the girls, who start barraging me with questions. After a brief while I talk to (f/n) about what (b/n) said about leaving this game. He told me that there was this necklace with an amber jewel on it that summons the gate out of here. I pull out the necklace I found at Jade's village, "You mean this?" I ask. "Yes that!" (f/n) says, "wait i f you had it, that means you could've left as soon as you got it!" I shrug, happy with either result on this wacky journey.

As I say goodbye to my friends and leave with Ava by my side, I get hit hard with emotions. I do the following steps (f/n) told me, and step into the portal.

I open my eyes, and I'm in my room. Home Sweet Home. I notice Jade by my side and decided to just let her rest for now. I head downstairs and find my mom, crying with a picture of me on the counter. "Hey mom, miss me?" I say. She looks towards me, and rushes to my side. Sqeezing me with enough force to crush me. Luckily Brianna healed me before I left I thought "(y/n) (l/n) where have you been?!" She shouts. "Long story mom." I reply. I hear Ava coming down the stairs, and my mom sees her.

"I see you've got a girlfriend as well." She smirks.

"Mooooom"

THE END

A.N- I'm back and sorry I haven't updated in a while. Life's thrown some pretty bad stuff at me and I just barely had enough time to finish this. But I'm happy with the end result. I hope you guys do too! (even though most of u guys probably gave up on this after 2 months of inactivity) Thats it for me now.

Until next time. Cya!