Chapter 25- Storming the Stronghold (pt. 2)

(y/n)'s POV

Location : Barracks

"Weird, we're in the barracks but not a single guard in sight...somethings fishy" I say. "Now is not time to be worried about guards, we got to hurry before they launch a second wave." Amy says in a calm tone. "I-I'm scared" Ava says quietly, she was never the type for horror/suspense.

I'm not quite sure what to say, even if I try how will it help? She'll get scared in another 5 seconds. I don't have time to think anymore, a thundering sound comes from below us. "Sir, I believe that's the location where one of the man forces are at!" a soldiers calls out. "Really? Then lets go, no time to waste." I say back and make a dash for some conveniently placed stairs.

Location : Castle Cells

"This place looks even more scary" Ava murmured. "As we continue down the row of empty cells, I see that one of the cells aren't empty. Instead there's a woman, who looks like she's in her 20's inside, and seems to be rendered unconscious.

Without hesitation, I use my sword to break the lock on the cell door, and check her pulse. "Seems that she's alright." I say to a couple of soldiers who followed me in. "We'll check the remaining cells sir." one of them responds, and they leave the cell.

"Ah, so you've finally arrived." A weak voice behind me says. 

"Your conscious?"

"Of course I am, I'm an angel after all."

"Angel? So you've been here for more then a couple years?"

"Couple years? Your quite far off, been here for over 2 centuries."

2 Centuries? That's quite a long time. I think to myself, I got to help her out and quick. "Here, let me get those chains off you first." After a few swings, she was free. "Thank you very much, Mr. Hero." She says and bows. "Just call me (y/n)" I respond, not used to being praised by a multi-century angel.

 I then go to help her up, picking her up bridal style, and rushing out the cell. I set her down near the entrance of the dungeon. "Thanks for the lift" She says with a smile. "No proble-" another thundering noise interrupts me, and the girl gets to her feet. "We got to move," She says with fear in her voice. "He's coming" I yell to the soldiers to start moving with the girl, and when I turn to ask her who's HE, I already got my answer.

Another demon comes thundering down the stairs, about 30ft tall, it dwarfed the entire room. 

A another roar and it came speeding towards us.