Beauty's Nightmare

"Sleeping Beauty! Aurora, that's a little too cliché, even for you." Azura, my little sister, who had decided to join the festival as the wicked witch of the west, spat out.

"Azura, stop being jealous," I replied, checking my reflection in the mirror: natural blue eyes, long baby pink off-shoulder gown with a white border, a triangular golden crown - almost the same shade as my long blond luscious locks - and a matching golden neckpiece, that clung snugly around my long slender neck. 

Yes, I was Sleeping Beauty. 

I twirled around and smirked; Azura huffed, "I hope you turn into sleeping beauty for real and sleep for a hundred years!" She growled, and giving me a stink eye, left our room.

I gave myself a once over, applied a coat of baby pink gloss to my lips and

 smiled at my reflection, "Perfect."

That's when something unexpected happened, a spell of dizziness hit me. 

 "Ouch!" I yelped at the pricking sensation on my finger and lifted it to my eyes.

'It's blood! But how?' I wondered, looking at my reflection.

I was in a dimly lit room filled with spindles; the tip of the closest one was dripping with blood. Panicking, I stumbled back and lost my balance. I closed my eyes, bracing myself for the impact, and let out a scream.

No sound left my mouth.

No light entered my eyes.

No amount of struggle could help me move.

I was paralyzed and surrounded by silence and darkness. 

'This is not real. I will wake up at any moment.' I assured myself. But deep down, I knew I wasn't dreaming.

'My friends must have stated arriving.' I realized as the doorbell buzzed, signaling the start of the Halloween party that I had organized this year.

Will anyone miss me? Will anyone come looking for me?

Minutes passed. Or maybe it was hours; I wasn't sure.

That's when I heard my name called. It was like a barely audible echo, "Auroraaa."

Mom, or perhaps Azura, I wasn't sure who it was, but I could feel their anguish and panic.

"Aurora," Another echo, clearer than the one before, drifted towards me; a drop of water landed on my cheek, "Aurora, please." The voice called, louder; it was Azura's.

"Stop playing! Aurora, I am sorry, I didn't mean it. Please wake up!" I felt fingers grip my shoulders.

'Help me!' I yelled soundlessly, and all of a sudden, she let go.

I felt warm breath caress my forehead, and a moment later, soft, smooth lips took its place.

I opened my eyes and let out a shaky breath; I sat up. My eyes fell upon Azura's worry stricken face.

"Aurora!" Azura exclaimed and threw her arms around me, "You are okay! Please don't scare me like that ever again, alright?" She sobbed.

I nodded and held her close. I felt calm; the remnants of my nightmare faded, "I won't, Azura. Now, let's join the party, shall we?"

 Now, let's join the party, shall we?"