Chapter 2: The day it all started

It was 6.50am on a Tuesday when I woke up. Its my last week in school so I wasn't too bothered about getting up and getting ready for school like I would be during the year. This years been a bit of a bumpy time. I'm in year 10 so its my first year of GCSE's and it has been VERY stressful.

I got up out my bed excited to spend my last week of school with my friends. I got dressed into my school uniform. Black tights, a black skirt, a wite shirt, my green and grey tie with streaks of red and my grey school jumper. I like to customize my school uniform so I put on a delicate silver necklace that has a peridot attached, because its my birthstone. I put in my matching earrings and applied some light makeup: some blush, eyebrow gel, mascara and a tinted lip balm.

 I put in my matching earrings and applied some light makeup: some blush, eyebrow gel, mascara and a tinted lip balm

I put on my black ankle boots, then brushed my light blond hair and tied it half up and half down. I then went downstairs to make my breakfast. When I walked into my kitchen I seen my younger brother already buttering his toast. "Morning Luce" he says in a soft voice. "Hey Elijah" I replied getting the bread out the cupboard and putting a piece in the toaster. When it popped up a minute later Elijah passed me the butter "thanks" I said quickly, eager to eat my breakfast. I glanced at the clock on the wall to my right 7.20am. Shit.

I quickly ate my toast and walked into the downstairs bathroom and brushed my teeth. I ran my fingers through my wavy hair and brushed some crumbs off my jumper. I walked upstairs to get my coat and school bag. I quickly got my black, lightweight coat on and hooked my handbag onto my arm. Walking downstairs i began to shout "Elijah, its time to walk to the bus stop" emerging from the Living room was my brother who had combed through his hair and got his coat and bag on since the last time I seen him. "I'm comin' " he said in a harsh tone as if it was obvious and I should've known already.

We then walked to the bus stop and just in time too, a minute later our yellow bus began down the road to the bus stop. We travelled to school, the bus loud as any other school bus and me just staring out the window. We made our way to Kingsland high about 7 miles away from our house.

+++

It was the end of the day now, I'd had a quite peaceful day at school, mainly just finishing up some work in my lessons. I walked to the bus and got on and went to sit in the seat I sat in everyday. When the bus stopped at my stop, I got off and started walking home it was only a quick five minute walk from where I lived to my bus stop. Elijah wasn't on the bus this afternoon because he stayed in kingsland to meet up with his mates. When I got in, I walked upstairs placed my coat and bag in my room and got some pyjamas out my drawer. A noodle strap black vest and some matching shirts with a pink hem. I walked into the bathroom and went for a shower to wash off the day. When I was washed, dried and dressed, I went into my bedroom and started reading my book: Percy Jackson and the lightning theif.

Before I knew it, it was 4.30pm and my Mother had come home. She shouted up to me "Lucia, honey, I'm home" I quickly shut my book and ran downstairs to greet my Mother. I wrapped my arms around her and then said "Hey Mum, how was work?" She started walking towards the living room telling me about her day in work. We sat down discussing the days we had and what was for dinner tonight: Spaghetti Bolognese.

+++

It was 9.30pm before I went to bed that night. Elijah had got a lift home at around 6 and we all ate food together.

When I walked into my room I noticed that the summer heat had been on my room all day and it was like a sauner. I set down my cup of tea and custard creams on top of my desk and walked over to the window to open it. When I did it let in a refreshing breeze, I closed my curtains over, my window still open, so no critters could get in. I walked over to my desk and sat down in my white wooden chair with a black cushioned seat. I removed my makeup with a wipe before opening my diary to write about my day, every so often sipping my tea or eating a biscuit.

About half an hour later I heard a hooting sound from outside. I was very intrigued to see the owl i heard. So I walked over to my window and opened one of the curtains. Owls are fascinating animals as much as their flapping wings scare me. It sits on the windowsill and I see that it has a pice of parchment in its beak, 'thats peculiar' I thought to myself. But it just dropped the letter onto the wood of my windowsill. I gave it the biscuit I had in my hand, unsure of what owls eat. It took it graciously and seem to be grateful and then flew off. 'Urm... what just happened?' I think to myself before turning to the parchment envelope on my windowsill. Written in black ink of the front was my name? And my address.

I began opening the letter inside it read:
Dear Miss Luciana Jones,
We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.

I was extremely confused and thought this could be none other than a practical joke. I shoved the letter into a drawer to not think about it, completely confused. I shut my window and curtains and climbed into my bed and drifted into an uneasy sleep.