Chapter 8: Meeting him

When dinner was over and all the desert crockery had been cleared people began to leave the dining hall. Leading the slytherin first years was a blonde haired boy with grey eyes. I followed them as I didn't know where I was going otherwise.

We walk down the halls of the castles. We walk down a numerous amount of stairs. The atmosphere slowly getting colder the lower we go.

We reach a door and the blonde boy starts to speak, his voice is low and smug "To get into the Slytherin common room you need the password. But, before we go in you need to know some things. We do not address our peers by first name, always by their last. Unless, you are told otherwise. First and second years are accommodated on the second floor. Third and fourth years on the third. Fifth and sixth years on the fourth and seventh years on the fifth floor. The bottom floor is the common room. The girls dorms are to the right and the boys to the left. During the day, students are free to come and go from their common rooms as they please, so long as they don't skip class. However, students must respect a curfew and return to their dormitories before 10 pm. The only exception to this rule are Prefects, whose duties require them to be up earlier than most students. The time is now 9.15pm. You have 45 minutes until curfew. Understand?"

He didn't wait for anyone to reply before continuing. "The password to the common room is pureblood. You are not to tell anyone outside of Slytherin the password. Most people dislike the Slytherins anyway. Tomorrow is a Saturday. You have 2 days to get used to the castle before classes begin. You will be given your schedules on Sunday evening."

The boy then turned to the door and repeated the password. He walked in and we all followed. Some stumbling over each other. We just stood there in front of the blonde haired boy. He stared at us before saying "Scram!"

The first years ran off to their rooms to unpack whilst I just glared at the boy. He didn't seem to notice. I walked up the stairs to the fourth floor. There are pieces of parchment pinned to the door with names on them. I walk through the corridor searching for my name. At the end of the hall is a door with one name on. My name.

I walk into to the room. In it is a four poster bed with emerald green bedding and silver details on the wood. On either side is a bedside table with three drawers in each and a lamp on top. To the right of the room is a matching desk and wardrobe to the left is another door and a bookcase. I walk through the door and inside is a bathroom. It has a shower room, large bath, large sink and a toilet on one of the walls is a radiator and hooks for clothes.

I shut the door over and walk back into my room. At the bottom of my bed is something I didn't notice before. My trunk, bag and cat carrier. I open the cat carrier to let Dash out and place it into the corner of my room by the bathroom door. Leaving the door open incase Dash decides to go back in. I open my handbag and place the books inside it onto the bookcase. I put my snacks I didn't eat on the train in one of the drawers.

I open my trunk next. I hang some of my clothes out in my wardrobe and place my underwear into a different drawer. I walk back to my trunk and put the rest of my books onto the bookcase and my stationery onto the desk.

I put my makeup and hair supplies onto the dresser table opposite my bed and put my toiletries into a cabinet that was above the sink in the bathroom. I hung my dressing gown onto a hook in the bathroom and a towel on another.

I decided I wanted to take a shower to wash away the day so I got a pair of black pyjamas out of my wardrobe that had an inch of lace at the hem. I walked into the bathroom and showered.

When I got out, smelling of vanilla and coconut, I dressed into my T-shirt and shorts combo of pyjamas. I put on my grey fluffy dressing gown that reached mid thigh. I let my hair dry naturally, it started to curl and drop over my shoulders.