Chapter 15: The after math

I stepped into the classroom and took a seat on the opposite side to Harry. He was waiting patiently and quietly.

"So Proffesor, what is it you want me to do?" I asked with a smirk and feigning a civil voice.

"I would like the two of you to write lines. Harry you will right 'I will not tell lies'." She said in her high pitched drawl.

"And you" she said pointing her finger at me. "Hm, you will write 'I will not Transfigure my superiors'." She said with a giggle. I scoffed before rolling my eyes.

At the same time Harry and I reached into our bags to pull out our quills and ink.

"No no. That won't be necessary. I have a... special quill for you both to use." She said with another giggle. I rolled my eyes again and took the quill dhe had given me.

I looked quizzically at the fact I had no ink. Harry must have thought the same. "Professor we need ink." He said with a cautious tone.

"No these quills don't need ink. Come on now." She said waving her hand for us to start.

I rolled my eyes and began writing on the parchment, to no surprise of my own, there were no words. I continued trying anyway. I felt a sharp and instant pain in my left hand as I continued. I turned it over to see that cut into it were the lines I was writing.

My hand started to drip with blood. I could feel tears during to flow from my eyes. But, I refused to cry in front of this toad. I carried on writing for about a quarter hour, Harry had been told to stop after five minutes but I refused to back down.

"I think that's enough. We don't need you bleeding out now do we. Your muggle parents would have a fit." She said giggled. I gave her my best glare before slamming the quill onto her desk and storming out of her room. Harry followed after she dismissed him.

I turned the corner to an empty hall. I fell to my knees and broke down in tears. I examined my hand and arm and noticed the lines were written up my arm, from my elbow to my finger tips.

The blood was dripping off my hand.

I felt a hand touch my shoulder. I flinched away and quickly wiped the tears off my face. I turned around to see Harry staring at me pitifully.

"What do you want Potter?" I said trying to hold back another sob. Instead of answering he pulled my up and through a passage down towards the dungeons. I was in no fit mood to argue with anyone.

We came out of a portrait in the dungeons. The corridor was empty and led to the girls bathroom which is where Harry was taking me. As we walked into the room I pulled my hand free of his grip.

"Why did you bring me down here?" I asking gently. He sighed before walking to a sink. "We need to wash out... those" he said pointing to my arm and then to his.

I nodded, to drained from blood loss and crying to object. He pulled out two red handkerchiefs from his pocket before pulling me over to the sinks.

"Why did you bring me here? This is a girls bathroom and you're... well... not a girl." I said confused. He give out a light chuckle whilst soaking the pieces of fabric in water.

"No one comes in here, not even the girls. The bathroom is haunted by Myrtle." He said passing me a now damp handkerchief.