Chapter 9: The First Saturday

Warning: Longish chapter: 2420 words

It was 9.30am on Saturday when I woke up. I knew breakfast was on until 11am on a Saturday though, something the teachers told us yesterday. I got out of bed and chucked my duvet over it. I went into the bathroom and wiped the sleep from my eyes before washing my face. I then brushed my teeth before re-entering my room.

When I walked back into my room, I saw Dash scratching to get out the door and let him out to explore. After all, we'll be here a while. I walked over to my wardrobe and pulled out a pair of black high-waisted jeans and a green cropped jumper. The outfit I paired showed off the mid section of my stomach.

After dressing, I brushed through my hair and tied it up into a high ponytail leaving out some strands of hair, to not look too uptight. I applied a light layer of foundation, some mascara and a red lip stick.

I put on my black lace up ankle boots and walked down into the common room. I didn't know anyone yet except for Draco and he wasn't here so I decided to walk to the great Hall alone.

I left the common room at 10am and walked through the corridors. There's a lot of people in Hogwarts.

I walked into the hall through the large open doors and went to sit down on the Slytherin table. I sat on the end myself, unsure of where else to sit.

I placed a peace of toast on my plate and poured a glass of orange juice. I took a sip of my orange juice and as I placed it back down a blonde haired boy sat down to the right of me and two rather large boys across from me. I turned to my right to see Draco. "Good Morning!" I said softly as he looked down at me and smiled. "Morning Lucia! This is Crabbe and this is Goyle." He said pointing to the boys sat across from me. I smiled at the boys and introduced myself.

"Urm... where are your friends?" One of the boys asked me. I had already forgotten which is which. I smiled lightly at them before answering. "You three are the first people to even speak to me." Draco looked at me before smiling and saying "You can hang with us, if you want that is." I smiled back at him before thanking him and agreeing.

We spend about half an hour just getting to know each other and the three boys telling me about certain classes and teachers and about some people they called the golden trio. They sounded cocky.

At about 10.45am Crabbe and Goyle were still stuffing their faces when Draco turned to me. "Do you want me to show you around a bit? Get out of here." He said looking around before looking back at me. "Sure. Bye you guys nice to meet you." I said answering Dracos question and then turning to Crabbe and Goyle who waved absently before returning to their own conversation.

We got up and walked out of the great hall and down a corridor. Draco shows me where different classrooms are and where some hidden passageways are.

As we continue to walk down a corridor talking about how some of out classes are going to be like, I spotted the three people who glared at me on the train and specifically the red head who stomped on my foot. I glared over at him and he glared back at me. It was infuriating me.

"Got something to say Ginge? Or do you just want to stomp on my foot again?" I say in the nastiest, sterner voice I can manage. To my surprise he actually replied this time. "No wonder someone as ignorant as you would end up in Slytherin and being pals with Malfoy!" He said glaring between me and Draco. Then he walked away and his two buddies followed glaring at us as well.

"Urm... what was that all about?" Draco said, turning to me once they left our sight. I looked up at him and smirked before explaining what happened on the train. Draco then proceeded to tell me that they were the golden trio.