Chapter 22: Fireworks, literal and figurative

I heard a hooting at my window as I was about to step into the bathroom. I spun around, startled by the sudden noise. I raised an eyebrow unsure of why someone would owl me rather than just come to my room. It was only 9pm, so there was still a whole hour until curfew.

Nevertheless I opened the window for the dark feathered owl and gratefully accepted the small note, hooked in their talons. They flew off into the night sky, seeing as it was the middle of Autumn, nights had began setting in a lot sooner than summer.

I opened the small note and scanned the page. Written in neat, cursive writing was:

Good Evening Luce.
Meet me down in the Quidditch pitch tonight at 9.30.
Draco x

I stared at the parchment, baffled of why he needed to meet me so far away rather than simply come to my room or meet in the common room. I sighed, shutting the window to avoid the autumns icy breeze and catching hyperthermia.

I decided wearing shorts and a hoodie would be irrational during the bitter weather and began searching for something to wear. I decide on a Black turtle neck jumper and a pair of fitted, emerald green, tartan pants. I had already wiped my makeup off and saw no point in reapplying it. I loosely braided my hair into two, to pass some time.

The time turned 9.25pm and I slipped on my black ankle boots and made my way to the Quidditch pitch.

To my surprise, there weren't any interruptions during my journey. I peacefully walked through the chilling corridors, out through the large Oak doors and down to the place where I would finally discover why I was actually going there.

The icy air nipped at any exposed skin as I hugged my body to keep in any warmth. I knew I was forgetting something. A coat. I entered the pitch and looked around for any sign of the boy I was to meet here.

I spun around at the sound of leaves loudly being crunched. My heartbeat steadied as my eyes landed on Draco. It was rather dark out, but the illuminating light from the castle shone down on the stadium just enough to see the boy standing before me.

"Good evening." He said in his dreamy, deep voice. "Ev- en- ing." I managed to say through chattering teeth. He shook his head as a small smile formed on his lips. "You're always so cold!" He chuckled.  I frowned at him and he stepped closer before removing his black jacket.

"What are you doing?" I asked through my chattering teeth. "Making sure you don't get hyperthermia, what do you think?" He replied sarcastically. He draped his jacket around shoulders and placed a gentle kiss on my forehead. "Oh, thanks." I mumbled as I pulled the jacket tighter around my body. Draco muttered a spell under his breath and I raised an eyebrow in confusion.

Suddenly the whole stadium filled with light. It was natural light though, lit from the numerous amount of candles lit around the Quidditch pitch. I then noticed that the floor was filled with white petals and white roses.

"You remembered my favourite flower?" I questioned as I beamed up at Draco. The view was absolutely beautiful,  I had no idea why he had done this but it was so lovely. It made me feel warm and content.

"Of course I did! How could I forgot?" He said smugly. I rolled my eyes with a giggle at the boy. "This is so beautiful and amazing Drakie but why have you done it?" I asked as confusion filled my face. "Its not over yet." He replied nonchalantly. I raised an eyebrow at him as he smirked back at me.

I was slightly started when an arrangement of lights and bangs began in the night sky. Fireworks were exploding in every direction, causing the most beautiful display I had ever seen. I beamed up at the arrangement in the sky and in that moment I felt like I was invincible.

The fireworks began to shape into letters and then into words. Written in the night sky was "Will you be my date?" I felt an overwhelming excitement was over me as I turned to see Draco staring down at me with a wide smile on his face.

I beamed up at the boy before throwing my arms around his shoulders. "Yes, yes, yes, a million times yes!" I shouted in excitement. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I went onto my tiptoes and placed a small kiss on his cheek. I pulled back from the boy but he wrapped his arms around my waist again and pulled me closer.

"Can't get enough of me." I said through my giggling. "No. I can't." He said with a dreamy look in his eyes. My giggling died down and I gazed into his beautiful sparkly silver eyes.

"This was so beautiful, Drakie. Thank you so much. It was perfect." I beamed up at him and he smiled down at me. "Its the least I can do for you princess."