Chapter 26: Alone

The next few weeks continued with encounters like the previous ones.

I was always making sure I looked good, incase I accidentally bumped into Draco. Seamus and I were still pretending we were in a relationship with help off of the Gryffindors. Every time he was around Seamus would make sure to be holding my hand or drape an arm around me and he would see me off to the lessons that we didn't share.

Christmas break had approached faster than I had thought it would. I wasn't going home for Christmas this year as my mother and brother were travelling to see my grandma on my dad's side. They offered me to join them but I decided to take Seamus' advice and George I was hurried in work. That was a lie, I always completed my work on time and I had finished my last piece of homework days ago.

My reasoning to not wanting to go to my Grandma's was simple. I was certain that woman hated me. It didn't help that when I was younger I had accidentally made her car turn bold because he had annoyed me and I was in no control of my powers. Of course, as didn't know that and still, to this day, thinks I shaved her cat.

Most people in Hogwarts went home for Christmas break. I had waved all of my friends off as they boarded HogWarts express. I said Goodbye to Blaise, Crabbe and Goyle. I didn't see Draco board the train but I assumed he had got on before and was avoiding me as usual.

I was making my way back to Hogwarts now. Alone.

I wasn't sure what I was going to do for 2 weeks with all my friends gone. The only Gryffindors staying behind were the golden trio, whom I did not get along with in the slightest and some first and second years who I didn't know. So I really was alone. But no bother because I'll just find a book in the library and bury my head in it for the next two weeks.

That was my plan.

I found a book almost instantly when I was searching. It's name was Divergent. I was engrossed instantly. I held it right in my grasp as I was walking back to the common room, not really thinking about what I was doing.

I muttered the password quickly and climbed through the portrait hole whilst still reading. It was as silent in here as it had been in the halls. No one was speaking so I assumed I was alone, which wasn't a bad thing considering most of the Slytherins hate me anyway.

Still reading I found myself going to sit on one of the sofas by the fire through muscle memory. I had been reading for a short while and I was just about to read which faction Beatrice chose when I heard a door shut up the stairs. I felt my soul temporarily leave my body, I thought I was alone.

I looked up and staring back down at me was none other than Draco Malfoy.

I instantly looked back down into my book and began reading again, ignoring his presence in the room. I felt the couch beside me sink, causing me to look up and see him sat beside me.

"Is there anything you would like?" I asked in a bored as whilst looking back down at my book. "How long are you going to keep this up Luc? How long is it going to be until we're actually speaking again?" He asked in a pleading manner. I scoffed and look back up at him. He was still as not as ever. His silver grey eyes looking deeply into my blue ones. My breath caught in my throat as I looked at him.

I cleared my throat before saying in a calm manner. "Until you learn how to turn back time." Before returning back to my book.

"You know I didn't do it?" He asked or more like told causing me to scoff again. " I saw you with my own two eyes, Malfoy." I sneered. He looked hurt by the use of name causing my Harry to feel hurt more than it already was. "If you would just let me exp-" he started but I cut him off, now angry. "I don't need you to explain. I know perfectly well what happened Draco and I don't want to talk about it." I almost shouted.