Chapter 17: Finally facing 'her'

The next few weeks ran by pretty smoothly. I managed to complete my homework during my free periods and learnt a lot more than I thought I would in one week.

After Monday nights shenanigans Harry and I went back to pretending the other didn't exist.

I spent my D.A.D.A lessons hiding in my dormitory. Rather than going just read through my textbook and made notes about the stuff I'd read. Draco would always look over them and tell me about what they'd learnt in the actual lessons. It was pretty much the same as what I had been doing.

I survived the whole week without crossing paths with Professor Toady. I couldn't go to her lessons or even face her. I knew I'd just gain myself another detention.

I managed to cover my arm for the most part of the week. No one really noticed and if they did then they didn't ask about it.

It wasn't until a Friday lunch time that I had to actually face what was bound to happen at anytime.

I had just got out of another loopy lesson in divination. I was walking by myself down to the great Hall. I got stopped in my tracks at the door by a toad woman.

I let out a sigh before going to pass her.

"Ms Jones. I thought you must have died from your absence in my classes." She said in her usual high pitched voice.

"Oh no ma'am. Thats just what I was trying to avoid. You know dying from boredom that is. I hear your lessons aren't very..." I paused looking for the word.

"Eventful. That simply just doesn't satisfy my standards." I said with a smirk. She stepped closer to me and shut the great hall door behind her. I stepped backwards with fear. Which was evident on my face. I was alone with Umbitch in an empty hallway. Everyone was in a room filled with a chorus of conversations.

This can't have been good.

"I'll have you know, as high inquisitor, it is not your option whether you attend my lessons or not." She said her face scarily calm. I went to make a break for it and run down the dungeon steps but I got interrupted in my steps.

"Crucio!"

It was the last thing I heard before I fell to the ground in pain. It continued for at least a minute before she finally stopped.

"I wouldn't say anything if I were you Ms Jones. Its my word against yours and no one would believe a mudblood like yourself." She spat at me.

I felt too weak to defend myself at this point.

"I wouldn't miss my classes again either unless you would like another one of my detentions." She said giggling.

I was sat on the top of the steps leading down to the dungeons. Not able to speak or defend myself. She walked away giggling to herself and went into the great hall.

I sat on the stairs silently sobbing. I stayed like that for at least five minutes before I felt a pair of arms embrace me from behind. I instantly recognised the cologne and faint peppermint smell. I leaned into his arms and he held me tighter.

"Whats up Luc?" He finally spoke, although, it was rather a whisper.

"I'm going to kill that Umbitch when I get my hands on her." I said through gritted teeth. "Sh sh... what has she done now?" He asked with a calm soothing voice.

I explained the encounter to him and he held me whilst I cried, again. It was 1pm by time we got up from being sat on the dungeon steps. People had started to come from the great hall so we decided to go inside.

"You need to eat something to build up you energy Luce." Draco said calmly as we sat down at the Slytherin table. We sat together on one end away from the ruckus of the other Slytherins.