The truth

"Asami! What the fuck?!"

"Oh come on you can't blame me for it!" Asami laughed loudly. "How did miss it?!"

"What do you mean– You told me you two were dating!"

"But we're both soooo gay!" Asami cried out.

"Like sooooo gay." Mako agreed, joining Asami's laughter.

"Super gay!"

"Like I have a boyfriend gay."

"Like I've only ever been with girls gay."

"Our relationship is such a gay guy–lesbian relationship," Mako shook his head, wiping away a tear of laughter.

"And then you came up to me and started talking about my boyfriend or something? So I just rolled with it because god it was so funny."

"And she dropped so many hints too!" Mako added, holding his stomach from how hard he was laughing.

"I was sure you got that at the girl in red reference," Asami nodded in agreement.

Korra was stunned. She stared at the two, absorbing the newly found information in. Asami and Mako weren't dating, in fact, they're both gay. Asami was attracted to girls this whole fucking time?!

"Wait," Korra raised her hands in the air, then pointed at Mako, "you... Like men and have a boyfriend?"

"I mean he's literally in our groupchat," Mako nodded.

She moved her index finger to point at Asami. "And you like girls, and... Uh single?"

"I don't date," she shrugged.

Korra felt a twinge of disappointment in that, and was far too shocked to care about what it meant. "So you're not dating?"

"No," they said in unison.

"And ya'll knew about this and didn't tell me?" She asked the rest of the gang with an accusing glare.

"We had no idea they were pretending to date to prank you," Opal said, throwing her hands in surrender, chuckling.

"But like, we kept shipping the two of you?" Jinora said, confused. "So how did you not realize something was off?"

"I just thought you guys didn't like Asami and Mako being together!" She cried out.

Bolin gaped. "You thought I was trying to sabotage my brother's relationship?!"

Korra's eyes widen and her jaw dropped. "Mako is your brother?!"

Everyone gaped at her, then to her complete emberessment, started laughing loudly. Her blush deepened and she leaned on the backrest, folding her arms with an annoyed pout. She was not having a good day today.

"Wait, did you not know that we were brothers?" Mako wheezed. "You really are as dumb as Asami says you are."

"Asami!" Korra slammed both hands on the table, angry. She was so not in the mood to do this right now.

"Don't worry, she said she thinks it's adorable," Jinora quickly assured her, placing a hand on her shoulder.

This assurance actually calmed Korra a little, and she felt the anger leaving her when she spotted a pink blush on Asami's cheek. Korra's face broke into a lopsided grin and she raised a suggestive eyebrow. "You think I'm cute?"