Dysfunctional family interactions

TW- please proceed with caution, scroll to the end of the chapter for details.

_____________

Korra was pouting, her arms crossed as she looked at Asami at the other side of the cafeteria. Asami was babbling on, and as much as she tried, Korra couldn't make out what she was saying. And right next to her was Kuvira, nodding in agreement every once in a while.

"Well, I'll be damned," Opal chuckled, and Korra barely spared her a side glance, "I never thought I'd see the day Korra would refuse food."

Korra rolled her eyes, ignoring both Beifong and her untouched food while she continued glaring at the two.

"Give her a break, she's just jealous," Jinora joked, "say, Korra, you seem to really like Kuvira huh?" She said sarcastically.

"I fucking hate this bitch!" Korra snapped, she knew Jinora was joking, but she also felt like if she wouldn't say it soon she'll explode. That was Korra's Asami she was talking to, how fucking dare she?

Bolin's jaw dropped from the outburst, and Opal bursted into laughter, shaking her head.

"Same." She said in between pits of laughter, wiping away a tear. "Fucking same."

Korra ignored her again, looking back at Asami who was now walking back to them, sitting down next to Korra.

"Why were you talking to her?" She said in a harsh breath the moment Asami sat down.

Asami raised an eyebrow at this. "Because I'm not your fucking property?" She bit back angerly.

"I'm just asking." Korra replied, defending herself.

"We have a history project together," Asami shrugged, "also she's my friend and I'm allowed to talk to my friend. Do you really wanna have this conversation again?"

"You two are such a cute couple!" Bolin exclaimed happily.

The two spoke at the same time.

"Thank you."

"We are not a couple!"

Asami turned to face Korra in disbelief, and Korra looked back at her with a smug smile.

"Not a couple." Asami said sternly, gritting her teeth.