Need Money

"Hey Jack, can you pick up a dozen donuts on your way here? Please?" I asked as I put some pants on while my phone was between my shoulder and ear.

"Sure Diana, I'll be there in about 10. See ya." I let the phone slide down as I put my boots on. I picked it up from the floor after I finished putting my shoes on and walked towards the kitchen. What am I going to do with my life? I really need a job.

I pulled the gallon of milk and served myself a glass. Where are those donuts? Just as I thought that, the bell rings and I go to the microphone next to my door.

"Hello?"

"G"

I pressed the button to open the front door. Two minutes later I hear a knock in my door.

"Hey Jack." I smile.

"Hey Diana." He smiles and hugs me tightly as if he hasn't seen me in a while.

"A dozen donuts as you promised." He holds up the Shipley's bag.

"Thank you." I grabbed the bag after I gave him an appreciative smile. I walked to the kitchen, and Jack follows right behind me.

"Milk?" I ask.

"Umm, yea." He says as he opens the donut box. I served him some milk, and we walked back to the living room. I turn the TV, and the first thing that comes on is Keeping Up With the Kardashians. This show can be entertaining, but sometimes, it's boring.

"So where are you planning to look first?" Jack asks me as the show started getting boring.

"I have no idea. I really want to avoid any restaurants or anything dealing with food." I made it clear. I don't want to work in an area where there is food.

"What do you want to do?" He tries to help me find a store to apply.

"Um, I really didn't think much on that. I wouldn't mind folding clothes. Or stocking things." I said. I really didn't think much of that. I'll just have to see what they offer, and then I'll be able to think through it.

"Walmart. Target. Hot Topic. Any store at the mall. Of course except the Food Court." He laughs lightly.

"No Walmart or Target." I said giving Jack a glare.

"Why not? I heard they give good money." He seemed serious.

"I will not go to work with a uniform." I clarify it to Jack.

"Okay. I still think we should go to the mall and look for something there." He offers.

"Okay. Only because it's close to the apartment."

Soon we were on our way. Jack decided to drive us because he was already parked in the front of the building.

"Is there a specific store you prefer more than the others?" Jack asked.

"Well, I do like Macy's a lot." I smile as I see the store right in front of me. We walked over to the store and I asked a cash register for an application.

After applying to multiple stores around the mall, Jack and I decided to go to the movies. There was this movie that we've been wanting to watch, and we've never really had time to.

"Finally we are going home. I'm tired of being out for so long." I giggled at how ridiculous I sound. I hear Jack giggle right after me.

"Me too Dee. Me too." He turn on his truck and on our way we were.

We got to my apartment, and I walked over to bed and plopped.

"I'll see you tomorrow than." Jack stands at the door.

"What are you doing tomorrow?" I ask out of curiosity.

"Actually nothing really. I ..."

"Can you stay then?" I ask in a whisper.

"Sure." He paused. "I'll go find some pillows and blankets to lay in the cou..."

I pat the empty side of my king bed. I hear the keys in his hand jingle and a smile creeped on my face. He lays beside me as we stare at the ceiling.

"Jack, remember when we were 12 and we decided to teepee that old ladies' house that was at the end of your street?" I chuckled and hear Jack chuckle as well.

"Yea. That's actually one of my favorite memories of us when we were little." He smiles as I turn towards him to face him. He had this hands in the back of his head as he looked at the sealing. I smile to myself. "I also remember the time you peed on yourself after Sammy told a hilarious joke." He giggled and so did I. How embarrassing? I lightly punched Jack in the shoulder.

"Don't think you're funny. I have embarrassing memories if yours as well. Like when you were trying to ask out Rebecca in 5th grade, and you stuttered with ever word." I laughed really loud recalling the scene. That was fucken hilarious.

"Please don't remind me of that! I hated myself for that for about a year." He covered his eyes with shyness.

"Come on Jack. Those were awesome times that we could look back and laugh at. It was the past, but it's something we share as friends." I smile towards him and he returned the genuine smile.

Soon, our bodies aches from all the walking at the mall that it knocked us out for the night.

----------

Sooner then expected, I got a call from Macy's three days later with an approval to the job.