|| Ned Vizzini ||

Hey you guys!! How is the Monday morning?
Wish you have a great day ahead.
All these quotes, stated here, are from the book "It's kind of funny story."
So basically, The book was inspired by Vizzini's own brief hospitalization for depression in November 2004.
This book is about, finding yourself and how the fight to depression helps us finding our true self.

Kirkus Reviews stated that the novel addresses "the influence of peer pressure", and how depression recovery can be attributed to being oneself and "acceptance for who he is".

Some of the quotes here can trigger your emotions, so please think before you read and if you are, don't try to take it in a wrong way. I am addressing to all this facts
because I don't wanna harm anyone psychologically.
Read further at your own risk.
Take care.

------

" I can't eat and I can't sleep.
I'm not doing well
in terms of being a functional human,
you know ?"

--------

"People are screwed up in this world. I'd rather be with someone screwed up and open about it than somebody perfect and ready to explode."

-------

"Things to do today:
1) Breathe in.
2) Breathe out."

-------

"I'm fine. Well, I'm not fine - I'm here."
"Is there something wrong with that?"
"Absolutely.

-------

"Sometimes I just think depression's one way of coping with the world. Like, some people get drunk, some people do drugs, some people get depressed. Because there's so much stuff out there that you have to do something to deal with it."

-------

"See, when you mess something up, you learn for the next time. It's when people compliment you that you're in trouble. That means they expect you to keep it up."

-------

"Life's not about feeling better, it's about getting the job done."

-------

"I’m not better, you know. The weight hasn’t left my head. I feel how easily I could fall back into it, lie down and not eat, waste my time and curse wasting my time, look at my homework and freak out and go and chill at Aaron’s, look at Nia and be jealous again, take the subway home and hope that it has an accident, go and get my bike and head to the Brooklyn Bridge. All of that is still there. The only thing is, it’s not an option now. It’s just… a possibility, like it’s a possibility that I could turn to dust in the next instant and be disseminated throughout the universe as an omniscient consciousness. It’s not a very likely possibility."

-------

"That's all I can do. I'll keep at it and hope it gets better."

-------

"My family shouldn't have to put up with me. They're good people, solid, happy. Sometimes when I'm with them I think I'm on television."

-------

"I don't know how I can be so ambitious and so lazy at the same time."

-------

"People are screwed up in this world. I'd rather be with someone screwed up and open about it than somebody perfect and ready to explode."

-------

"I don't owe people anything, and I don't have to talk to them any more than I feel I need to."

-------

"Sometimes I just think depression's one way of coping with the world. Like, some people get drunk, some people do drugs, some people get depressed. Because there's so much stuff out there that you have to do something to deal with it."

------

"I'm smart but not enough--just smart enough to have problems."

------

Ned Vizzini, It's Kind of a Funny Story
RIP

And I would also like to thanks gorgeous_chaos2004 for constant support. It means a lot. Wish you all the success dear. You will be a great doctor. ❤️