Chapter 1

How It Started

"Okay, I need you to go check the alleyway. If you see anything dangerous call for me or get out of there." A tall, muscular, man with spiky red hair and blue eyes tells his son, Touya, who basically resembled his father.

The boy nodded his head, running into the alleyway. Using his quirk, he lit a bright blue flame in his hand. His head snaps to the left once hearing the small whimper of a child.

He walked slowly to silhouette, He could make out messy curls and a small body frame. "Hello..What are you doing out here alone?" Touya asks, the child cowers in fear. "It's okay, I won't hurt you..I'm Touya but Dabi's my hero name whatever is better for you. What's your name?" The redhead asks.

A small mumble escapes the child's mouth. Touya tilts his head to the left. "Izu-Izuku.." The boy stutters out. Touya nods, sitting down a bit far from the child for reassurance. The boy looks up, showing himself.

He had dull emerald eyes, four freckles on each cheek forming a diamond shape on both sides, Black hair with forest green highlights, and pale skin. "Can I touch you?" Touya asks the boy softly, holding his hand out. Izuku takes a moment to think.

He crawls to Touya, gripping his arm tightly. Touya picks Izuku up into his arms, Izuku's head rests on his shoulder. He walked out of the alleyway carefully. "Dabi, you're back. Who's he?" Enji asks, pointing to the boy.

"This is Izuku, I found him crying against the wall in the alleyway. I only have his first name right now." Touya states, running his hand through Izuku's hair. Izuku was asleep by now.

"Is he sleeping?" Enji asks, Touya quickly nods. "Alright, let's take him home. He seems to trust you alot so I feel he'd be scared in a hospital alone. Rei is making dinner so let's hurry back down to the agency and change."

The two heroes turned to leave when they heard yelling. "Izuku!!" Touya turned to the voice. "Come back here you imbecile!!" He saw a couple, one man with black curly hair and a woman with green straight hair, they looked furious.

Izuku trembled in fear, clutching Touya's hero costume tightly and burying his face into Touya's neck. "Nevermind the costumes Endeavor, somethings wrong and we have to go." Touya said, hugging Izuku close. Enji nods and waves off the other heroes.

{Home}

"Rei! We're home!" Enji shouted, making Izuku flinch. Touya swatted his dad on the arm. "Ow-"

"Oh hello!" A woman with straightened white hair, grey eyes and a wide smile said, pulling her headphones off her head. "Why're your costumes still on?" She asked.

"Wait I wanna see Touya's costume- oh that's super lame.." A boy with spiky white hair and grey eyes, pouted.

"Oh quiet Natsuo, your brother got what he wanted. Right T-" She cut herself off, staring at the shaking child in her son's arms, he pulled the boy closer to him causing him to stop shaking and calm down.

"What's all the commotion in here?" Another girl said, she had straight white hair with small chunks of red, glasses, and grey eyes. Holding her hand was a small boy around Izuku's age of 4 or 5, he had white hair on his right side and red on his left, a blue eye on his left and grey eye on the right.

"Oh- yeah- uh- this is- uh-" The teen was a stuttering mess, causing his father to chuckle lightly.

"He's Izuku, Touya found him in the alleyway crying against the wall." Rei gasped, gaining the family's attention. "Rei is-" She rushed to her son's side.

"Izuku Midoriya, right?" The boy nodded. "I'm gonna take you for a second, okay?" His grip on Touya tightened only for him to let go and make grabby hands at Rei. "Be right back." She said, taking the boy into a separate room.

The small group looked at each other and shrugged. Rei came back in, holding the boy's shirt in one hand as the boy was held in her left arm.

She crouched down in front of her youngest child, Shouto, and held the shirt in front of him. "Shou, burn this for me. Okay?" He hesitated but then slowly nodded and held out his left hand to take the shirt.

A bright flame ignited in his hand as he took it. Rei hissed as he burnt her slightly but encased her hand in a glove of ice with her quirk. The boy's eyes sparkled in delight as he watched the two use their quirks. Shouto's quirk was flashy and Rei's was cool, literally.

"Uh- mind explaining why Shouto is burning the broccoli's shirt, Mom?" The 11 year old girl asked, placing her hand on Shouto's left side and cooling him down with her ice as he burned the shirt.

"Well Fuyumi, I know his mother. Inko isn't..the best when it comes to parenting but I do know she put a tracker into all of his shirts so he couldn't escape- get lost..I mean.." She looked down.

"Rei..what do you mean escape?" Enji asked, with only slight venom in his voice toward the small boy's family. The boy curled into a ball and clutched onto Rei's shirt.

"Mama an-d papa..." The family look to Izuku, having this being the only time he's spoken to them other than Touya. "They- hu-rt m-me.." He stuttered out.

Natsuo and Touya looked terrified, then mad. Fuyumi's hand fell and ice made its way up her neck to her cheek. Shouto was beyond confused. Enji's hair burst into flames, startling the family.

"Enji..calm down." Rei said, placing the small boy on the ground only to hear a small rumble from his stomach. "Hey, how about some soba for everyone?" She asks, getting almost immediate replies of 'Yes' or 'Duh'.

Izuku sat at the table in between Touya and Rei, looking down at his chopsticks silently. "Hey." He looks up to see Shouto looking at him while wiping his mouth. "Are you gonna eat that?" He asks, making grabby hands to the food in front of Izuku, tilting his head like a confused puppy.

"Sho! Let him eat- Hey why haven't you eaten?" Rei asks, looking at the boy's soba filled bowl. Izuku looks up at her. He had a look of pure confusion on his face.

"I'm allowed to?" The family looked sad. "Hey what's wrong?" Izuku asked, standing in his chair to cup Rei's now tear streaked face in his small hands. The remaining family stood and went over to Rei and Izuku, quickly wrapping them in a hug. The only thought in the Todoroki family member's minds was; 'Why him?'

-----------------------------------------

------1100 words------