Chapter 5

Junior High

"Rei! We're back!" Enji shouts through the house, gaining the white haired adult's attention. Rei walked down to the door, Izuku's uniform in hand. "Izuku saved a life today. He was amazing." Enji says, kissing her wife on the forehead.

"1) Ew. Gross. PDA. 2) I didn't really do much, I just asked for her and her mom's names and carried her into the Police Station." Izuku said, shrugging his arms and taking the uniform, kissing Rei's cheek.

"Okay, hypocrite." Enji says, crossing his arms and smirking. "He totally did something awesome." He whispered in Rei's ear as Izuku walked to his room.

Around two minutes later Izuku emerged from the rectangular hole in the wall dressed in the Aldera Junior High uniform. He had on black jeans, a white long sleeved button up shirt, white shoes, and a black blazer wrapped around his waist. He grabbed his yellow backpack from the counter and walked to the two adults.

"Poor Izuku...you can't even wear your backpack, can you?" Rei said, looking at the boy only to see the large wings had disappeared from sight. "They're retractable? Wow, there's something you don't see everyday.." She thought for a moment. "I'll call in and ask the principal if we can get you a new uniform with holes in the back so you don't get picked on for not showing your quirk." She says, running to the phone in the living room.

"While she does that, let's get you to school. Shouto is probably lost without you." Enji says, chuckling at the last sentence. He then looked up, as if in deep thought, "Scratch that, he's definitely lost without you." He states, opening the drivers door to the car.

Once the two arrived at the school Izuku sighed to himself. He didn't know how he'd thrive in this school. He knew kids would look at him weirdly if he were to randomly show up with a new uniform and teal wings popping out from under his shoulder blades.

He waved at Enji and walked into the school, to the administrators office. He knocked on the door and heard a small; "Come in." He walked in and went up to the administrator. "Name?" He asked, looking up at the boy.

"Izuku Todoroki, sir." The administrator nods and writes something down. He looked through the papers on his desk and took one out. Handing it to Izuku. "My schedule?" Izuku asked, earning a small nod.

"I understand you'd just gotten your quirk this morning so I will let you off for this once, and it's the first day.." He said, writing a note and handing it to Izuku. "Give this to your teacher, your class is down the hall, fifth door to your left. Your brother has the class across from yours and your new uniform will be given to you somewhere around lunch." He said, shooing the boy out with his hand.

Izuku sighed and shut the door quietly. He walked down the silent, empty hallway and collided into something, or really someone. "Oh- sorry I wasn't watching where I was-" He looked up and saw a scowling boy, with blonde spiked hair, and blood red eyes.

"Let me help you." He said, holding his hand out to Izuku. Neither boy recognized each other, given the seven years of absence from each other's lives. You guessed it, the boy was Katsuki Bakugou, or as Izuku called him, Kacchan.

Izuku took Katsuki's hand and was pulled up quickly. Katsuki scanned the boy, he had a muscular build, fluffy shoulder length curled black hair with forest green highlights, round emerald eyes, and freckles that plastered his face. It reminded him of his old friend. 'Deku' But Deku had only four freckles on each cheek, forming diamonds, Deku had dull green eyes that only showed sadness. Deku was weak and scrawny. Deku was bruised. This boy had emotion filled eyes, a single scar on his jawline, and most importantly, he seemed more confident than Deku.

Katsuki looked down at his hand, staring at his phone for a second, then back at the boy. "We should head to class." Izuku nodded and walked into his classroom, Katsuki went into the one across the hall, Shouto's class. Izuku walked into the classroom and immediately hated it.

"Stay away from the purple dude, he has a villain quirk." Someone said to him. Izuku scoffed and went to his friend, who sat in the front in the furthest corner to the left, right next to a window.

"Hey Hitoshi." Izuku said, students in the room started murmuring slurs about his friend, Izuku turned to the students. His hair covered his eyes, he was visibly gritting his teeth, and his fingernails were digging into his skin.

"A quirk isn't villainous or heroic. It depends on what you do with the quirk. That's what determines your future, how you use your blessings." Izuku said loudly in a monotone voice that struck fear into the students. Izuku turned back to Hitoshi and smiled warmly, the smile calmed the class and tore down the tension in the room.

Hitoshi smiled back and Izuku turned back to the class. "I'm Izuku Todoroki, the adopted son of the number two Hero, Endeavor, and brother of the rookie hero, Dabi. I have a newly discovered quirk that you'll see around lunch." He said, sitting in his chair. Hitoshi stared at the boy in disbelief. He had a quirk?

Soon, the teacher walked in and started talking smarts. Izuku, who had a high IQ already, chose to sleep through class. He was sleep deprived, given how much he trained solo. He'd go to sleep at 12 am, then wake himself up at 1 am and go on an hour long run then go back home only to train until 5 am, when he then makes breakfast and trains for 30 minutes more. He knew he'd have to renovate his schedule so he could fit school back into it. Given he changed every time summer rolled around.

When the lunch bell rang Izuku shot up, out of his seat and hit the floor with a thud. The class stared for a moment, then looked away while Hitoshi laughed hysterically, falling on top of Izuku. They looked like hooligans. Izuku laid flat on his stomach while Hitsohi laid on top of him on his back. Izuku's back hurt and only he knew why.

Hitoshi and Izuku got up and walked through the halls, only to be stopped by a teacher. "Izuku Todoroki? This is your new uniform. Head to the bathroom and put it on so we can see if it works out." She said, shoving the shirt into Izuku's arms.

Izuku just nodded and walked to the mens restroom. He stared at the mirror and sighed. He didn't like his body. No, he wasn't trans, but he didn't like the burns and scars from the past. He had burns from Hisashi and Katsuki's quirks. He had scars from Inko.

He sighed and untied his blazer, taking it from his waist, and played with the buttons on his white shirt. He slowly unbuttoned the shirt and slipped it off his shoulders. He stared into the mirror, tears building in his eyes. He shook his head and put the shirt on the sink.

Slipping on his new shirt, he noticed two new scars, right under his shoulder blades, sighing, he buttoned his new shirt up and tied his new blazer around his waist. He closed his eyes and two large teal colored wings emerged from his back, and his ears grew pointed and more sensitive, of course for plot reasons Izuku doesn't know that. Izuku closed his wings and walked out of the bathroom, into the cafeteria.

Gasps could be heard throughout the cafe. Katsuki, who had his headphones on, noticed his 'lackey', as some people would call him and another kid, stopped blabbering about literally nothing. Katsuki turned to look at the green haired boy his 'lackey' was staring at.

It was that boy. Now Katsuki knew this wasn't 'Deku'. The most important thing about 'Deku' was that he was deemed quirkless at age four. Then something happened.

A half n' half boy walked up to him and encased the boy in a hug. "Izuku! I was so worried about you! Fuyumi was basically a whole waterfall in the car. Natsuo slept the whole way.."

Katsuki's head turned back to where Izuku was so fast everyone at his table swore his head could've popped off instantly. He shot up and ran to the boy, grabbing his arm and pulling him out of the cafe. Izuku was beyond confused.

----1427 words----