Chapter 7

Hawks and the Baby Bird

{A week after Touya came back}

Now, to say becoming a hero was cool was an understatement. So when Keigo Takami became a hero at age eighteen, he was beyond happy. As he flew through the sky he saw something.

'Teal wings?' He thought, eyeing the figure ahead of him suspiciously. He sped up and flew beside the boy, as he'd just found out the figure was a young child.

"How old are you, kid? And why're you out here flying? Never heard of a hero with teal wings like yours." He said, landing on the building the boy had landed on.

"I'm twelve. And I'm not a hero yet. I'm just training my wings." He answered.

"Well, it's not exactly legal to fly around without a heroes license." Keigo said, putting a finger on his chin. "Here's an Idea! Why don't I help you train your wings! You look like you could use the help." He said, holding a hand out to the boy.

"Okay..If it helps I guess.." Izuku says, closing his eyes focusing on his wings. Keigo stood in confusion and then utter surprise when out of nowhere the boy's wings disappeared into thin air. "Now, let's go get some chicken nuggets." He said, smirking as Keigo picked him up and flew off of the rooftop.

{later}

"Wait so- you've been training to be a hero since you were five!? Wow you're lucky I started my training at age six, and you've got six years on me old man!" Izuku laughed, eating another nugget as his phone rang for the seventeenth time that day, which he still didn't notice.

"I'm so confused though! You have a stronger quirk than I do, sword man!" Keigo said, puffing his cheeks out as he plucked one of his own feathers. He leaned across the table and tickled Izuku's nose.

Izuku sneezed quietly, it sounded more like a squeak than a sneeze though. The two stared at each other and laughed. Once they finished their food they headed to Takoba Municipal Beach Park.

"C'mon baby bird! Let's see what you got!" Keigo said, Izuku nodded and let his wings out, startling the older bird- I mean boy.

Izuku plucked one long feather from each wing and let out a breath, freezing the feathers, turning them into teal colored feather swords. He released both and they flew towards Keigo.

"Oh wow- hey that actually hurt!" Said Keigo, holding his shoulder tightly. "Why'd you aim it at me you dumb falcon!?" He screamed. Izuku just laughed at him.

"You said to show you what I can do so-" Izuku cut himself off. He stared out to the sky before falling to his knees and holding his stomach tightly.

"Izuku? Kid what-" Keigo was pulled into a hug by Izuku's wings. Keigo held onto Izuku as the boy's wings hardened around them both. Keigo was confused, until he heard several banging sounds.

Keigo turned to see a teal colored blockage blocking bullets that came constantly for the two winged teens. Izuku was strained, Keigo could tell. He didn't want Izuku to get hurt badly.

Soon, more like 30 minutes later, the gunshots stopped and Izuku couldn't detect anyone other than he and Keigo. Izuku's wings softened and he fell forward, passed out. Keigo looked around for help and saw Izuku's phone ringing.

He picked it up and answered.

"Izuku!" A female voice called through the phone, "Guys he answered. Izuku where are you Sho and I have called you like, five hundred times! Mom, Dad, and Touya were looking around the city and Natsuo-" Keigo cut the girl off.

"Hi, this is the rookie hero Hawks. I was training Izuku and we were attacked, Izuku protected us by hardening his wings but I think he tired himself out. How much does he use his quirk a day?"

"Actually, he got his quirk about a week ago. Now, back on topic, where are you? Me and my family are going to come to you and steal our bird back." Fuyumi jokes. Keigo tells the girl their location, holding Izuku close to him.

Keigo didn't know if it was just because Izuku had wings as well but, he felt as if he should protect the boy with his own life. Soon, a black car arrived at the entrance and a family of six piled out of the car. Keigo, who didn't realize it was Izuku's family, pulled the sleeping boy closer and turned around, blocking the family's view of the boy.

"Hey, are you Hawks?" A familiar voice asked. The girl from the call. Keigo nodded, turning back around and seeing the number two hero.

"Endeavor.." Keigo whispered. Rei ran to Keigo and her son. You could see faint tear streaks lining her face. Rei smiled at Keigo sweetly, putting a hand on his shoulder as she took her son.

"You'll be a great hero, Mr. Hawks." Rei whispered to him. "And..I allow you to train Izuku along with his father. You get him from Wednesday to Saturday after school." She finished. As she walked away with the boy in her arms Keigo smiled softly.

{Time skip to the last year of Jr High bc the Lazy Author is writing this during school and not doing work}

Izuku had his head on his desk when the teacher started throwing papers across the room and saying; "Who am I kidding you all want to take the hero track anyways!" People started using their quirks and throwing things around. "Oh hey, Todoroki, didn't you want to try for UA?" the teacher asked. Izuku just sighed and nodded.

"Wait isn't that super hard to get into!?" A student asked. Izuku just sighed and stood up, leaving the room.

"Not if you're being trained by the number 2 and number 3 hero it's not!" The class looked to Hitoshi, who shouted, then to where Izuku should have been, but were met with a closing door. "Oh come on freckles! They would've found out sooner if you'd taken Hawks' or Endeavor's recommendation!" He shouted.

The students were shocked, but they were also impressed. They'd already known not to anger the freckled boy but now, they were scared out of their wits when it came to him.

Izuku opened the door leading to the rooftop, closing it behind him silently. He went to the edge and folded his arms over the railing. He felt a large gust of wind and chose to ignore it. As the boy let his wings out he felt something lace around his ankle and crawl up his leg. It scared him.

The boy was suffocating slowly and surely. He only had mini wings to rely on, given the fact he was taken a moment before his wings could expand fully. Students and teachers heard the commotion on the roof and rushed up to the sound. Shouto bumped into Shinsou on his way up.

"Where's Izuku?!" He yelled through the panicked and confused filled hall. "I don't know! He ran off about fifteen minutes ago!" Shinsou answered, pushing the rooftop door open. The two boys froze.

Right in front of them, was the sludge villain, suffocating Izuku slowly. They noticed Izuku stop struggling, his eyes began to close and his grip on the slime decreased. "Izuku!" A voice yelled.

The students and teachers saw none other than Hawks and Endeavor drop onto the rooftop and activate their quirks. Hawks sent feathers into the villain's eyes, causing him to release the top half of the boy's body. He ran and grabbed Izuku's uniform, pulling him free. The villain got away but Hawks swore to protect the kid, he was like family. They were both winged heroes.

---------1267---------