Chapter 13

USJ 1

--{week time skip // four days after Touya's funeral}--

Fuyumi slumped against the winged boy's bedroom door, silent tears streaming down her cheeks. Shouto had finally come out of his bedroom the day after Touya's funeral while Izuku hadn't come out since the red haired boy's death. She hadn't seen Izuku this closed off since they found him in that old alleyway.

The family knew how close the two were. Izuku was stuck to Touya the moment Touya had carried him out of the alley way, the first person he really trusted. For a bit, Izuku would only stay with Touya rather than when it came to sleeping, he'd stay with Rei and Enji but would insist on sleeping on the end of the bed, away from the couple.

Rei walked around the corner, holding a bowl of katsudon for Izuku, looking down at Fuyumi who sat next to a plate that had an uneaten omelet on it. Izuku hadn't eaten since Touya's death, all he did was drink the water Rei would leave him. The white haired woman frowned and set the bowl down, kneeling in front of her daughter. "Any luck?" She asked, sighing when all she got was the slight shake of Fuyumi's white and red hair. She hugged the girl, rocking her back and forth.

Shouto walked to the two females, hugging them then moving them to the wall beside the door. The women stared at him as he opened the door slowly, the lights were off, teal LED lights brightening the room slightly. They heard soft snores from inside the room as soft, calming music was barely audible.

Shouto walked in silently, taking Izuku's earbuds out, pausing the 10- hour long video of calming music, and turning off his phone. He shook Izuku slightly, causing him to shift and open his eyes slightly. "Hey Zuku...Think you're okay for school today?.." Shouto asked, running his thumb over Izuku's red, freckled, tear stained cheek. Izuku just yawned and rolled off his bed, literally.

"I'll meet you in the car, wait for me." Izuku muttered, his voice hoarse and raspy. The heterochromatic boy nodded and left the room, nodding to his mother and sister as he shut the door. Izuku quickly got dressed, minding his bandaged forearms and thighs.

{UA High / 7:53 AM / 1-A classroom}

"I wonder when the Todorokis will be back.." A voice the boys recognized as Mina's said quietly. The two walked into the room, startling the pink girl who stood in front of the now opened door. She turned around and said; "Hey you guys how..Todoroki?..Are you alright?" She asked Izuku quietly, putting a hand on his shoulder and retracting it as he flinched visibly.

Usually, Izuku would be bright and energetic yet still kept together in an orderly manner. Now, Izuku had dark eye bags, tear stained cheeks, more unruly hair than normal, and his eyes were duller than before. Katsuki's normal scowl had been replaced with a look of concern and worry, he quickly got up and went towards Izuku.

In all honesty, the boy looked dead, but oddly alive. Katsuki hugged Izuku, though he didn't flinch like he did with Mina.

Soon, Shouta walked into the tense room and sighed, "Izuku..Hey listen to me." He said, Izuku, still tangled in Katsuki's arms, looked up at his 'uncle' with empty eyes. "Touya died a hero, he would want you to move on and continue fighting to live out his dream. Okay?" He said, smiling softly and ruffling Izuku's hair and the teen nodded slowly and dragged himself and the still clinging Katsuki to their desks.

"Shouto, Ashido, go sit down. We have some things to discuss today." Shouta said, pushing the button All Might did a week prior, opening compartments with blue-grey boxes of clothes labeled one through twenty in bright green numbers. "Today we're going on a trip. Go into the locker rooms and change into your hero costumes. Bakugou, Iida, your costumes have been fixed so you can use them again." He explained.

The students nodded and went to the locker rooms and began to change when someone spoke up. Well, more like something. "Hey Todoroki!" A strange voice said, catching his and the attention of the people around him, "Look over here..There's a hole in the wall leading to the girl's locker room." He said, Izuku, being beyond disgusted, walked over to Minoru and rolled his eyes, poking the smaller teen in the eyes with two feathers that weren't hardened.

"Thanks Izuku!" Kyouka's voice called from the other side of the wall as Shouto put a sort of Ice shield over the hole. Izuku finished changing and sighed as he sat on the bench behind him. 

"Yo..Todoroki..?" Eijirou asks, taking a seat next to Izuku. "Wow, that's weirder than I thought it'd be, having to call two people Todoroki in class.." He mumbled, catching Izuku's full attention.

"Oh? Well, I guess you could just call me Izuku, Deku, or... Midoriya...?" Izuku said, hesitating at his birth surname. "If you'd like of course.." He finished.

"Wait, why Deku or Midoriya? N-Not that I'm trying to g-get on a-a f-first name b-basis with you of course!!" He questioned, stuttering as he said the last part. "I mean...I just thought Izuku Todoroki is your name so..why Deku or Midoriya?"

"Deku is a nickname I gave him when we were five." Katsuki says, ruffling Izuku's hair which resulted in him sneezing. Shouto had walked over to Izuku and stood behind him, playing with his curls.

"I don't mind hearing my name be called a million times a day.. Plus doesn't your original surname bother you?" He smiled, whispering the last part in Izuku's ear so no one would question it. 

Then, Mezou had a certain thought. 'Isn't Midoriya the name of those people that abused their kid because they were quirkless?..' His eyes widened, he looked at Midoriya with a shocked expression that no one noticed under the blue mask on his face.

-{Later / USJ / Before attack}-

"Okay everyone, this is the Unforeseen Simulation Joint. We have pro-hero 13 here with us so I'll let her talk." Shouta explained, pointing to Thirteen with a blank expression on his face.

"Hey everyone. Welcome to the Unforeseen Simulation Joint, or as we call it, the USJ. We'll be doing some rescue training and exercises in different terrains." She explained, "Now as most of you know, my quirk is black hole. It has saved many lives in the past, though, do you know how many lives have been taken with it?" She asked, resulting in everyone going tense. "Quirks can be used to kill no matter how 'good hearted' the user is or how weak the quirk is, meaning we will have to train you on that as well-"

"Woah! They have fake villains here too!" Tooru shouted, gaining the hero's attention. 

"Those aren't fake!!" Shouta shouted, powering his quirk. "Kaminari, try and contact the school, everyone else get back!" The students nodded and backed up a bit before a mist-like figure appeared out of nowhere.

"Iida go get back up!" Thirteen yelled, when the boy hesitated she shouted, "You're the class president right!? Then take charge and do what I say!" She yells, he slowly nods and runs to the door.

"Sorry little hero, we can't let anyone out-"

"SHUT UP DAMMIT!!!!" Katsuki yelled, firing an explosion as Ochako touched a metal plate on the 'mists' body, making it float. Mezou jumped up and encased the shadowy villain in his arms.

Just as Tenya left, the mist-like villain got out of Mezou's hold and transported them all to different areas. Izuku opened his eyes, he was falling. He quickly let out his wings and flew above the water as he saw a pink tongue launch Minoru onto the boat below him. "Mineta! Asui!" He shouted, landing on the boat.

"There are villains in the water.. Kero" Tsuyu said, shocking Izuku. They had to defend themselves now.

---1312 Words---

~Sorry for not updating!~