Chapter 12

Hero Team

Just as Katsuki exited the room, the timer went off and a booming voice said; "Start!" . Katsuki huffed and ran off, up the stairs and through random halls, going in a few circles.

--{With Izuku and Ochako}--

"Okay, hold tight." Izuku said, hugging Ochako from behind and letting his wings open widely. Ochako put a firm grip on Izuku's arms as Izuku flew into the air, bringing her to a second story window that was wide open. "Now, I want you to be as quiet as you can. Remember the plan." Izuku whispered, letting go of her as she climbed into the window, blushing as his hot breath passed her ear.

Izuku flew up to the roof and hid his wings, pointed ears remaining. He heard faint explosions mixed with loud stomping, silent sharp breaths, and a stern voice saying something about 'acting villainous'. He chuckled softly, awaiting the explosive boy.

Katsuki kicked the rooftop door open and smirked. "Hiding from the enemy I see, birdy?" He asked, emitting small sparks from his palms as he walked to the boy whose wings were hidden.

"Nope, awaiting the competition, and as of now, I prefer being called elf, Kacchan. Considering I don't have my wings out. Just pointed ears and snarky attitude." Izuku replied.

Katsuki rolled his eyes and smirked again. "Let's do this so I can win already." He said, setting bigger explosions off. Izuku chuckled, powering up One For All to fifty percent.

"You mean so I can win, Kacchan." He said before running to the explosive blond and throwing a punch. Katsuki aimed a right hook at Izuku only to be thrown over his shoulder. "I've watched you fight for years, you have nothing but heat and sparks on me."

--{Observation area}--

The class stood in shock, Izuku went to the roof as if he knew Katsuki would too. Not to mention he predicted Katsuki's first move, blocking it successfully. The green haired boy was unbelievable.

They watched as the two boys sparred, throwing punches, exploding arms, kicking the under knee. It was brutal, the two boys didn't look the least exhausted. But, only Kyouka noticed Izuku pull the capture tape he had from his pocket. Only Kyouka noticed how Izuku made it look as if he were going to punch the ash-blonde. And only Katsuki was wrapped in capture tape, sitting on the roof with his childhood friend.

--{Katsuki and Izuku}--

"Damn..You got stronger didn't you? Or is it All Might's quirk?" Katsuki asked, walking to his friend while attempting at peeling off the capture tape on his arm.

"I guess.. I think it's just proof I'm not strong without his quirk." Izuku mumbled, earning a scoff from Katsuki.

"Now hold on-" Katsuki was cut off by Izuku standing and putting his index finger on his ear piece.

"Ok, what floor are you on?" Izuku asked, Katsuki then realized what was happening and sighed, Izuku wanted to distract him so 'Floaty' , as he calls her, could get the bomb! "Alright, I'm heading down." Izuku said, walking to the edge of the roof and turning around. "See ya' Kacchan." He said, taking a step back.

'He's got wings he- OH SHIT HIS WINGS ARE RETRACTED!' Katsuki thought. "IZUKU-" He yelled, looking over the edge to see nothing. Not even a trace of the green boy.

--{Observation area}--

The class watched as Izuku went to the edge of the roof and said incoherent words to the not-so feral ash-blonde. Then, Izuku took a step back and fell from the roof, causing the class to panic. "HE GRABBED THE LEDGE OF THE WINDOW!" Minoru yelled, causing the students to stare at the boy as he climbed through the window and walked through the halls.

He stopped at a door and sighed, or that's what the class thought he did.

--{With Izuku}--

Izuku sighed, letting his wings out and kicking open the door, startling Tenya, who was staring at the door as if waiting for the other two. Izuku looked around and spotted Ochako behind a pillar, he sighed again and pressed his index finger on the mic of his ear piece.

"Ochako, I found the 'villain' proceed with our plan and try to steer clear from kacch- Bakugou." Izuku said, signalling the girl to do her part of the plan. He turned off his mic and stared Tenya in the eyes, his dark, dull, emerald ones piercing Tenya's dark, bright, blue ones.

"Hero..I will not let you near this weapon!" Tenya yelled, earning a chuckle from Izuku. Tenya tilted his head slightly in confusion, why chuckle if he was gonna lose, right?

"Who said you made the decisions, villain?" Izuku said bluntly, his voice darkening as he said the word 'villain'.

Tenya stiffened, but stood guard, not noticing the bubbly burnette run behind a pillar that was near him and slip off her boots. Izuku ran towards Tenya, gently plucking a feather from each wing, powering One For All and kicking Tenya in the leg.

It was so fast. He was so fast. Tenya didn't see the green haired boy run to him, only a flash of green before hurtling towards a pillar to his left. Now he noticed the brunette, she had her hand extended and lightly touched the bomb.

"THE HERO TEAM WINS!!!" A booming voice yelled as Izuku stopped using both of his quirks, ears going round, hearing going normal, light green sparks fading, and wings retracting.

--{Later cause Author-Chan is lazy}--

"Dude, you were so manly! I couldn't even see you when you went to Iida! So cool!!" Eijirou said, putting a fist in the air as he did.

"Yeah! What training do you and your brother do exactly??" Mina asked, getting in Izuku's face causing said boy to gulp and turn away.

"Izuku! Shouto!" A feminine voice called. The class looked over at the owner of the voice, it was Rei. Behind her was Fuyumi, Keigo, and Natsuo. "It's Touya.." She said, panting.

Izuku's smile dropped and Shouto dropped his book bag. Shouta ran behind the small family and family friend. "You guys can't be here, you have to wait in Nezu's off-" Shouta cut himself off, staring at Shouto and Izuku's faces, they were crying.

"Come on..Your father is at the hospital with him so we have to hurry." Rei muttered, wiping a tear that slid down her face. Shouto grabbed Izuku's wrist and pulled him out of the classroom, leaving their shocked classmates behind.

"Wha-" Katsuki cut himself off as Shouta glared at him. The ash-blonde hung his head low and stared at the ground 'what is going on..?' He thought, hearing the other students start chattering again.

The hero's team won for the first round that day, but in the end, it was gloomy for one member of the team. Izuku and Shouto stood at their older brother's bedside, staring at the boy with spiky red hair. His entire body was bandaged aside from his eyes, nostrils, and mouth.

The heart monitor began beeping hurriedly and Touya's body shook violently. Izuku and Shouto were pushed out of the room as the blinds were shut down only to hear a faint yet long beep. The heart monitor had flatlined. Touya Todoroki died.

Izuku fell to his knees and screamed, tears falling from his eyes as he breathed heavily. Shouto stood in shock, letting thick, heavy tears run down his face. The family cried and Keigo let tears slip. His boyfriend, his student's brother, his friend's brother, had just died.

The hero team lost a hero that day.

--1268 Words--