Chapter 4

Miracles

It'd been six years since Izuku had started training with Enji, Shouto, and Touya. Touya graduated from U.A. High and became a small time hero since he still had college.

Fuyumi was in college as well, studying to be a teacher. Natsuo was starting his first year at high school.

Izuku and Shouto now had separate rooms, Shouto kept his room and Izuku moved to Touya's once he left for college. The two boys were now twelve and today would be their start at junior high. The only thing they didn't know would happen is the miracle the broccoli would face this morning.

{5:40 A.M.}

A loud scream coming from Izuku's room woke the family. Shouto jolted awake and tumbled out of bed, running to Izuku's bedroom, followed by Fuyumi, Natsuo, Enji, and Rei.

Shouto opened the door and saw Izuku on his hands and knees, gripping the bedsheets under him, shirtless, back coated in a crimson blood, as teal colored feathery wings emerged from his back. Hot tears ran down his freckled cheeks and his hitched breath only grew more unstable. Shouto examined the boy's body and found pointed ears in place of his normally round ones. Then, Izuku collapsed, falling off the bed and curling into a ball, crying and gritting his teeth in an attempt to numb the pain.

"Oh my.." Is the only thing Fuyumi can breathe out. Rei, being worried for her son, pushed past the three teens and fell down to her knees at Izuku's side. She was scared, confused, and worried for the child. Never in her life had she seen or heard him in so much pain.

Enji, who was also by Izuku, lifted the boy and supported his head. "What do you think happened?" Natsuo asks, being serious for once in his life.

"He's probably just discovered his quirk. You kids get in the car, wait for me." Said Rei, standing up. "Enji, I need you to take Izuku to a quirk doctor, find out what happened." Enji nods, walking out of the room with the half-dressed boy in his arms.

Enji placed Izuku in his car and sighed, shutting the door after placing a thin blanket over his body. He got into the driver's seat and drove off to the quirk doctor. "So much for a first day at Junior High, huh bud?" He says, looking into the rearview mirror to see the boy sleeping calmly. "Nevermind then."

Once they arrived at the doctor, Enji picked the boy out of the car carefully and carried him into the building. Just as he walked in a handful of questions was thrown into his face. Mostly things like;

"Endeavor, who is this?"

"Why is he asleep?"

And, "What happened to his back?"

Once he finally got the chance to get into the doctor's office he sat in a chair, still holding Izuku. The doctor looked at Izuku with a smile that quickly morphed into a frown.

"Isn't this Izuku Midoriya?" He asks. Enji nods. "Well, eight years ago, Izuku was diagnosed as quirkless. This..This is a miracle."He says, his voice has a hint of annoyance that was unnoticed by Enji.

"So, what do you think-" Enji was interrupted by a small groan from the child. He looked down and saw Izuku open his emerald eyes.

"Where-" Izuku looked and saw the quirk doctor and just sat there for a second. "Hi? Uh..nice to see you again?" He said, though it sounded like more of a question.

"It's nice to see you Midoriya. Or..Todoroki is it?" The two nod at the doctor who only grunts quietly. "Well, I must say this is incredibly rare. As you know Izuku has two joints in his pinky toe, meaning he should be quirkless. I'm not sure how your quirk works so why don't we test it out?" The doctor states.

Enji and Izuku both nod as Izuku stands in front of the chair he was in and spreads his wings slightly so as to not knock anything over. "Now what?" Izuku asks, looking at the doctor.

"I want you to pluck one of the feathers then concentrate on that feather. I'll tell you if anything happens." Izuku doesas he was told and shuts his eyes, holding the feather away from him. He felt a slight stinging sensation in his finger and his arm felt heavy and fell a bit.

Izuku opens his eyes and sees a teal sword-like feather in front of him. "Now try and control it with your mind." The doctor says. Izuku nods and drops the hardened feather only for it to float up back to his hand. Izuku looks to the right and the feather follows his eyes, going wherever he looks.

"What do you want to call it Izuku?" Enji asks. The boy puts his finger to his chin and thinks for a moment. He never had a quirk before and he'd always thought he'd stay quirkless and not mean a thing to the world. Never in his life had he thought he'd get a quirk.

"I think..Weaponized wings..How's that sound?" Izuku asks, his eyes shining with excitement. Enji nods and the doctor turns to his desk, writing it down on a sheet of paper.

{In the car} :>

Enji was glad Izuku had finally gotten a quirk, though he knew Izuku was looking forward to becoming the first quirkless hero. "You want me to get you to school or do you wanna stay home with Rei?" Enji asks, breaking the comfortable silence between the two of them.

"Well, I wanna see Mei, Hitoshi, and Neicchan so.. I guess take me home so I can change into my uniform then take me to school. I'll give Mama a kiss before I go though, I think I might've scared her.." He answers, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.

Enji nods and takes a right only to see a small girl run out of an alleyway. He stops the car and opens the door. "Izuku, I might need some help, do you mind?" He asks, a small smile on his face. Izuku nods, confusion painting his features.

As Izuku walks out of the car the girl stares at him and runs to him, gripping his joggers tightly and trembling, yet silent as a mouse. Izuku is shocked but then sees a man with two other men behind him.

The girl has lilac eyes and light green straightened hair. She was basically dressed in rags, this disgusted Izuku, 'What did they do to her?' He thought, kneeling in front of the girl and smiling at her.

"Hey, who are they?" He asked the girl in a hushed voice. The girl was confused until he nodded his head to the alleyway. She knew these men, they were horrible.

"They hurt me...I..They took me from my Mama." She answers, gripping Izuku's shoulders but failing given the sweat dripping from her hands.

"What's your name? And your Mama? If you can remember?" He asks, picking the girl up and standing tall.

The girl seemed to be in deep thought when she looked around they were in Endeavour's car, driving to a nearby Police Station. "I'm Kira Hikaro..My mama is... Hayano Hikaro.." She answered. Izuku nodded and looked to Endeavour, who nodded as well.

They arrived at the Station and sighed, getting out of the car, Kira still in Izuku's arms. They walk in and Endeavour goes to the front desk, tapping on it slightly as to alert the receptionist of their presence.

"Oh! Endeavor? What brings you here?" She asks looking back at the pre-teen and the child. "And who are these kids? Surely they aren't your children?" She asks, typing something into her laptop.

Endeavor shakes his head and sighs, "Can you find something on a..Kira Hikaro?" He asks. She nods and types 'Kira Hikaro' into her laptop.

"Kira Hikaro, nine years old, quirkless, she's the daughter of Hayano Hikaro and Taro Kaedo, and has been missing for three years. It's a miracle you found her."

----1309 words----