Chapter Seven

The dark mark, stayed in the sky. Hovering over everyone who had no words for what was happening. You knew you had to get out of there, your father used to fall under Voldemort and he must be here. You cannot and would not let him hurt George, you would not let him place a single finger on him. He was too special to you and to his family to be injured.

"George, we have to go. Lucius used to be a deatheater, he used to be his right hand guy. We need to get out of here. I have a really  bed feeling about this." you whispered, trying to keep your voice low. Trying not to  startle anyone more than they already were.

His face went pale, he made sure he had a good grip on you and then he ran even faster. He ran until Fred and Ginny came into view and we took the portkey back to the Weasley's. Thank god everyone was safe. Thank god no one was hurt by that monster.

George placed me on my feet, so you could try to regain my balance. Being thrown over someone's shoulder is not exactly how you planned my night. But your ankle was still throbbing, you knew you did a number on it so instead of standing still, you ended up starting to fall over. You closed my eyes, expecting to come face to face with very nice hard floor. But instead you were caught, which absolutely surprised you.

You opened your eyes and came face to face with George. He had a tight grip on your waist, but not too tight almost afraid that he would hurt you. You just looked into his eyes, trying to come up with the right words for how you were feeling. But you were too distracted.

God, has he always been this handsome.

" Are you okay darling?" he said, examining your face, trying to read your emotions. You just quickly nodded, your eyes examining every single inch of his face. Watching his gaze soften as he ran his thumb over your cheek. You began blushing under his touch. His touch sent butterflies through your stomach, it was the greatest feeling.

"Uh-uh-um I am sorry to interrupt but is she okay? or are you just gonna stare at each other for an abnormally long time?" Fred stuttered, watching our encounter. You could see a blush spreading up George's neck and onto his cheeks.

You just looked back at each other, trying to figure out the words to say. But you felt his grasp loosen on your waist and you knew the moment with him was over. You just wanted to crawl in a hole and die. You truly have never been so embarrassed.

" Uh-uuh yeah I am fine. I fell while we fled from the deatheaters at the camp. My shoe got caught and I twisted my ankle and skinned my knees all up" You said looking down at your legs that were covered in bruises and blood. In that moment, the pain from your open wounds hit you like a truck. Fred could see the pain starting to register on your face and he rushed towards you.

"Let's get you upstairs and cleaned up. You look like you are gonna faint." He said,you just nodded, looking at George. He continued reading your face, unsure of what to say. He just leaned in, playing a brisk kiss on your forehead. Your words through a touch, and you knew what it meant. It was his way of saying he would come check on you later.

You leaned into Fred as he led you up the stairs in the Burrow. You nearly died tripping on the creaky floorboards by Ginny's door but luckily Fred was behind you to catch you before  you caused any more damage.

*George's POV*

I carefully watched Emma trek up the stairs with Fred closely behind her. I worried about her, she was hurt and I couldn't help her. Hopefully it's not too bad and she will feel better tomorrow. I kept my eyes on her until she was out of sight.

I turned around and came nose to nose with Ronald.

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT ABOUT?" He said loudly, I just shrugged my shoulders not trying to discuss my inner most feelings with the boy who couldn't even admit he was in love with Hermione Granger.