{2}

Chapter 2: (Olivia's POV)

"Ethan," I whined, following him to the bar. 

"No," he laughed. 

"Ethan, please?" I begged. 

"Why should I help you?" he asked. 

I fell silent. I'll twist the game, bend the rules to suit me then. "Because Annabelle is your ex-girlfriend. What is it with her? Are all guys into girls who share names with haunted dolls?" I said, sitting beside him. 

"Why the hell do you know that?" he asked. 

"What do you mean, why do I know that? The whole school knows it. She cheated on you and told the cheer team you have a tiny dick," I shrugged. 

"She did what?" he asked. 

"I'm kidding, Johnny Bravo, relax," I scoffed, "She didn't do that. Not as far as I know, but then again, I'm not on the cheer team," I shrugged. 

"You're hilarious, Olive," he said sarcastically. 

"Thank you, Miles," I smiled. "In all seriousness, it's not a bad deal, come on. Just at these stupid parties where they both will be there. It works for you, it works for me." 

"No," he deadpanned. 

"Fine, I'll go find someone else," I stood up. I began walking away, counting in my head.

Five... four... three... two... 

"Olive!" 

I grinned, turning around to face him, smacking the smile off my face. "Yes, Miles?" I asked, walking over to him casually. 

"I'll help you if you help me," he said. 

"And why should I help you?" I smirked. 

"You little b-" 

"Watch your mouth," I said, "I'm listening." 

"Around him? I'll help you. Around her? You help me. Deal?" 

"Who makes deals with their enemy? I think I'll pass." I waved my hand dismissively, turning around to leave. He grabbed my wrist and yanked me back. I raised my eyebrows at him, biting back a laugh. 

"She cheated on me, you know he cheated on you, come on. Two birds with one stone. You're annoying but you're not dumb. Think about it," he said. 

"Or what?" I arched a brow at him. 

"Or I'm afraid I'll have to ruin your pretty little dress," he said, grabbing a glass of red wine from the bar. 

"Then I'll ruin your pretty little suit," I smiled, grabbing another glass of red wine. "And look, you're even wearing white," I said, looking down at his shirt. 

"Olivia," he said slowly. 

"He knows my name," I grinned, putting the glass back down. "Okay, I'll help you," I let out a dramatic sigh, sitting down. "But we need rules," I said. 

"Fine," he agreed, standing beside me, leaning against the bar. 

"We pretend only in front of them," I said. 

"Why else would I be around you?" 

I rolled my eyes at his response and continued, "You can't tell anyone and I won't either, that one's obvious." 

"Anything else, Oliver Twist?" 

I rolled my eyes at the new nickname. "No, um- no touchy, feely bullshit."