{39}

Chapter 39: (Olivia's POV)

"Water break!" I yell.

"No," Annabelle growled. 

"Water freaking break!" I announced, turning the music off. "Annabelle, you've been making these kids dance around for an hour. Their practice is for 2 hours and if you keep going like this, we're all gonna pass out and die!" I huffed. 

"What's it to you? You've just been playing the music," she rolled her eyes. 

"I've been watching them holding back tears and screams of exhaustion, sweetheart. Not to mention, I've been dancing with you. They're in elementary school, you can't give them a professional routine," I rolled my eyes. I spun around, sitting on the floor against the mirror once again, sipping on my own water. I looked over, seeing Ethan sitting with all the students. 

"How do you know Olivia?" Delilah asked, standing beside him. 

"It's a long story," he shrugged, pulling her into his lap. 

"Please?" she asked. 

He looked up at me before turning back to her. "Miss Olivia," he stared me straight in the eye, "Is my girlfriend." 

"Was. She was his girlfriend," Annabelle said, before leaving the room, mumbling something about the bathroom. 

I stood up and walked over to them, sitting in front of Ethan. "Am. I am his girlfriend," I grinned. 

"But you see, we're acting like she's not in front of Annabelle," Ethan said. 

"Why?" they all asked in sync. 

We chuckled. "Because Annabelle is-" 

"Mean." 

"Evil."

"Scary." 

"Killing us." 

Those were answers of Jack, Delilah, Oscar, and Minnie. Yes, her name is Minnie, don't question it, she's adorable. 

"All of the above," I nodded. 

"Can we just keep her outside?" Jack groaned. I looked at Ethan, then at the door. She was coming back from the bathroom now. I shot up and ran to the door, twisting the lock. 

Her eyes widened and she walked over, trying the handle. "Open the door!" she yelled, her voice coming out muffled. 

"I don't support child abuse," I shrugged in response. 

"All my stuff is in there!" she shrieked. 

"Should we let her in?" Ethan asked. 

"No!" they all yelled. 

"You can come get your stuff later. Class is session," I grinned. All the kids stood up and I connected my phone again, finding the most random, upbeat music I could find. "Run around, dance however you want, that's your class for today," I laughed while sitting down. They all started running around again, dancing to their own beats, I saw Jack and Delilah holding hands and spinning around in circles. Little kids are meant to have fun, not be tortured in the name of dance rehearsals. 

Ethan came and sat beside me, a little sweaty like the rest of the kids here. "Hi," he smiled. 

"She's still watching," I said, looking away from him, pulling my smile down, and folding my arms across my chest. 

"I don't care anymore," he said before grabbing my face and turning it to him, planting his lips on mine. A series of cheers and claps echoed throughout the room. I laughed, pulling away from him and turning to the kids. Delilah came running over, squeezing me in a tight hug. I laughed, hugging her back before all the kids ran towards us, doing the same.