{40}

Chapter 40: (Ethan's POV)

"Do you wanna come inside?" she asked, leaning down to my window. 

"No, Olivia, I think you should head in," I said, staring straight ahead. 

"Are you still angry?" she asked hesitantly. 

"Very," I sighed. 

She fell silent. I turned to her, watching as she gnawed on the inside of her cheek, contemplating something. "Hmm," she mumbled before asking, "Are you gonna drive off?" 

"Most probably," I answered. 

"Okay," she whispered, leaning forward and kissing my cheek. "Just drive safe, okay? And um, call me when you're home?" I nodded, turning to her. She began heading to her front door but then she stopped in her footsteps. I watched as she bounced on the balls of her feet before turning back around and jogging over to the passenger side, climbing back in. "I don't really wanna leave you alone. I'll stay quiet, you can drive," she said, pulling her seatbelt on. 

I stared at her for a minute, contemplating on what to do. I sighed in defeat, opening my door and walking to her side. "Come on," I held my hand out. 

She unbuckled her seatbelt and hopped out with me. I locked the car and then went inside with her. "Are you hungry?" she asked, leading me into the kitchen. 

"Not really," I answered, shaking my head. 

"Ethan, come on. There's no point being angry about something that's already happened. He probably won't do anything again," she sighed. 

"And if he does?" I asked. 

"Then you can beat the crap out of him, no objections on my part," she said, putting her hands up in surrender. 

"Is that a promise?" I asked. She nodded, sliding me a bottle of water. I picked it up, eyeing it. "What do I do with this?" I questioned. 

"If you want it, drink it," she deadpanned, "If you don't then can you please open it for me?" she grinned. I bit back a smile, shaking my head slowly while opening it and then handing it to her. "Thank you," she smiled, sipping on water while opening the pantry and looking for something to eat. 

I watched as she went up on her toes, trying to see the top shelf. I looked down at the counter, biting my bottom lip to keep in a smile. "Ah, shit," she mumbled, reaching her arm up, trying to grab the packet of chips but failing to reach them. I put my arms on the counter, my chin sitting on top of my hands while I watched her, smiling. "For God's sake," she whispered to herself. 

I sighed, standing up and walking over to her, stopping behind her. "Need any help?" I asked, leaning down by her ear to whisper. 

She chuckled, closing the bottle and turning to me. "Yes, please," she grinned. I smiled, grabbing her waist and hoisting her up but before she could grab the packet, I backed away and seated her on the counter. She raised her eyebrows at me expectantly. "Someone doesn't seem so angry anymore," she smirked. 

"I'm not angry at you, it doesn't make sense for me to act like I am," I said while tucking her hair behind her ear. 

"So..." she trailed off, setting the water bottle on the counter and pushing her legs apart so I stood in between them, closer to her. 

"So," I sighed, "You said something about being home alone today," I whispered. 

She chuckled, "I am home alone today," she nodded. "So, does that mean I've got you all to myself?" I grinned. 

"No," she shook her head. 

"Why not?" I frowned in confusion. 

"Because you've barely kissed me today," she replied, tilting her head to the side.