{6}

Chapter 6: (Olivia's POV)

"To get on my nerves? Seeing you shirtless is supposed to annoy me?" I asked, biting back a laugh. It's not annoying. It's a sight to see though, I'll never admit. 

"I thought you hate me enough to be annoyed rather than attracted," he smirked, taking a step closer. 

"I am annoyed," I lied. I'd rather him think I'm annoyed than attracted. 

"Then it's working," he teased, standing directly in front of me. 

"I love how much you prioritize annoying me, it really makes me feel special," I said sarcastically, taking a few steps back when he got too close for comfort. 

"Really? That special?" he taunted further, tucking my hair behind my ear. 

I grabbed his hand to smack it off but I had no idea whether Annabelle was still there and watching or not and if she was, then she'd know immediately because obviously, couples don't smack each other's hands off of the other person. 

"You can't even push me off while she's there," he chuckled. 

"And how would I know if she's really there or if you're just messing with me?" Silence. "Exactly." 

"Well, if I didn't already think of that, you definitely just gave me the idea," he mumbled, biting back a smile. 

"You are genuinely, and this is coming from the bottom of my heart, you are genuinely the most annoying person I've ever met," I said. 

"Okay, and?" he asked, chuckling. 

"And I'd suggest you put your shirt back on because if your little barbie is here, she isn't gonna see anything," I grinned, trying to walk by him but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back against the desk, putting his hands on the table from either side of my waist, leaning in way too close. "You-" 

"Stop talking, she's about to leave," he whispered, "Oh, and Olive, you're a horrible liar. I guess when you're annoyed, it's written all over your face vs when you're attracted..." he trailed off, "Your eyes, actually, they give it away," he said, stepping back and grabbing his shirt, pulling it over his head. 

"My eyes?" I frowned in confusion. 

"Yeah, they're blue," he shrugged, "So when they become darker, exhibit A," he chuckled, "It's pretty evident, darling." 

"Don't call me darling," I huffed. 

"Okay, Oliver," he sighed, sitting at the foot of my bed. 

"What do you mean my eyes go darker?" I asked, standing in front of him. 

"When you're angry, or lusting," he smirked, "Or hurt, everyone's eyes tend to go darker. Your eyes are naturally light, so it's easier to tell." 

"And when have you witnessed that? Other than now?" I arched an eyebrow at him. 

"So you were lusting then?" he smirked. I waited for him to answer and he stopped messing around. "I've seen your eyes darken, Olive, just leave it at that," he sighed, standing up. 

"No, I'm intrigued. Tell me when," I said. 

"After I kissed you in ninth grade, you were fuming. And when... Justin dumped you at that party," he said. "I know you didn't like him all that much, but still. I think everyone saw you hurting that night," he explained hesitantly. 

"I wasn't hurting, I was angry," I scoffed, grabbing my pajamas to go put them on because I was only wearing undergarments under my robe. Sorry, I wasn't expecting visitors.