{20}

Chapter 20: (Ethan's POV)

"Mom," I called out as we walked to my parents. Her arm was linked with mine and we were going to tell them that we were leaving just in case they look for me later. 

"Hi, honey," she smiled. 

"Mom, we're gonna head out, we're really tired, just letting you know, okay?" I asked. 

"Sure thing, goodnight you two," she nodded, giving both of us a quick hug. 

"Goodnight, Mrs. Archer," Olivia smiled, waving her bye as we walked to the exit. I asked the valet to bring the car around and we stood there, waiting. "Are you actually tired?" she asked, looking up at me. 

"No, I just don't wanna be here any longer," I sighed, running a hand through my hair. 

"You always do that when you're tired," she mumbled. 

"Look at you, being all observant," I taunted. 

"You're hard to miss," she grinned. 

"Don't act cute," I chuckled. She rolled her eyes and we stood there, waiting around. The doors opened behind us, letting out a gush of cold air from the vents. We turned around and saw Justin and Annabelle leaving too. We looked at each other, sighing in sync. 

"We're cursed or something, I'm telling you," she whispered. 

"Hmm," I nodded, "Exes constantly showing up, getting the slow valet, maybe we are." 

"Right, what do we do?" she asked. 

"Well, since they're staring..." I trailed off. I acted like I was looking around to see if they were still looking and indeed, they were. I turned to face her, "Maybe we could-" 

She grabbed either side of my face and pulled my lips down to hers. She took me by surprise when she did that but I kissed her back almost immediately. It was instinctive. 

"Sir." We pulled apart and faced the valet who was standing there with my car keys in his hand and my car behind him. "Your car," he nodded. 

"Uh, yes, thank you." I took the car keys from him, opened the passenger door for her, and then sat in the driver's seat. Once I shut the door, we both just sat there in silence for a minute. "Um," I cleared my throat. 

"Sorry, I just- they were looking and I- I didn't know what else to do," she blabbered. 

"It-it's fine, we both know we'll have to kiss at times," I shrugged, starting the drive back home. "Don't sweat it." 

"I could have given you a warning," she waved her hand dismissively. 

"I didn't mind," I smirked. 

"Of course, you didn't," she laughed, leaning her head back against the seat. 

"Do you want me to drop you home?" I asked. 

"I thought that's what we're doing," she chuckled. 

"You can come over," I shrugged. I glanced at her but she was already looking at me with a small smile. "Or I can come over," I shrugged again. 

"Huh, is that so?" she grinned. 

"I mean..." I trailed off. 

"You can come over," she nodded, "I can't take my makeup off at yours, so you come over, maybe after that, we can go to yours." 

"Okay," I smiled, turning the corner to our street. I parked the car in my driveway, got out, grabbed the door for her. That's a habit I never had, and then helped her out and walked her to her door.