Chapter 10

Yeosoon's P.O.V --

The manager guided me through the staff and sat me down on a black chair and took his place standing next to me. It was as if he didn't want to let me off my leash. from my view I could see the set that the interview would take place. There were cameras at every angle and the floor was full of wires. From where I was sitting, I could see the monitor allowing me to have a full view of the interview. On the screen was the MC, she was introducing Ateez "The monster rookies of 2018!"

All eight of them entered and took their seats, each one of them held a genuine smile for the camera. As I sat there I slowly felt envious. They looked like they were having the time of their life. The lady interviewing them was very respectful and showed them nothing but kindness. I hadn't realised how long filming took until I slowly started to nod off, But the manager jogged me. He gave me look, telling me to pay attention. I did as I was told.

I quickly wished I had just fell asleep due to a simple a question. "Seonghwa, I heard there is a rumour going around saying that you have a girlfriend. Is it true? Did you bring her today?" the interviewer asked.

My whole body became tense. I locked eyes with Seonghwa, His face showed only panic. I just shook my head slowly, the manager doing the same next to me. I soon noticed Yeosang who was side-eyeing Seonghwa.

Finally, he took a deep breath and smiled at the interviewer. "No. None if it is true." He then looked at the camera "I would like to apologise to ATINY for any misunderstanding concerning this matter. So please know that Its all not real." He bowed at looked back at the MC.

My posture untensed after hearing his response. I released a silent sigh and avoided any eye contact with the members. I hoped that Seonghwa's words would heal the situation, even the verbal abuse but at the back of my mind I knew there was still people out there who were obsessive and compulsive when it came to their idols. I pushed those thoughts aside and decided to focus on more positive things for instance, my audition that was only a couple of days away at that point. Of course I was nervous but my excitement became more dominant.

Everything else went smoothly, we spent the rest of the day at home with the most free time we've had the past couple of weeks. No one spoke about the interview, as if it didn't even happen. As soon as I got home I took a shower and changed into some lounge wear. I knocked on Hongjoong's door and peaked inside, he was sat at his desk and turned around to greet me. He smiled and gestured me to go and sit down, I took a seat on his bed and got out my sketchbook and pencil. I spent most of my free time like this. Joong would let me work quietly while he did the same, we didn't even have to talk, we just sat in a comfortable silence.

"What are you drawing?" Hongjoong asked.

I faced my book so he could see "Yunho."

Hongjoong laughed. "Why are you drawing Yunho?"

I just shrugged and said "He's handsome." He laughed again. "I'm going to draw all the members"

"What makes you want to do that?" Joong asked.

"I want to remember your faces forever." I replied, smirking.

He just nudges me and called me cringe, His smile was so contagious that we ended up laughing together until late. Yunho entered to room and jumped into Hongjoong's bed next to me, he put his heavy arm around me and started to pretend snoring. "I'm tired, Yeosoon"

I scoffed a pushed him off me "Your bed is over there, get in it"

He sat up and looked at me while pouting "How could you be so mean?"

As a response, I just laughed at him. He noticed my drawing and took it out my hand. "Woah, Is this me?!"

I snatched it back "You're not allowed to see it until it's finished."

He just chuckled and scuffed my hair.

Out of all of the members, I felt closest to Yunho in a different way. I had trouble sleeping at night ever since Last year, so I would end up staying up all night without so much as a blink. Yunho had noticed this one night when I sat in the living room watching a drama on my laptop at around 4am. He had woken up to go to the toilet, and almost jumped out of his skin when he had saw me sitting there in the dark.

"What are you doing up this late, we have practice in the morning?" He said, sitting next to me.

I just looked at him, My eyes blood-shot. "I'm not tired."

He tilted his head and gave me a concerned look. "You look exhausted, Yeosoon."

I put my laptop down and faced him, We could barley see each other now that the light from my computer was gone. It was silent for a while, I was struggling to tell him why I couldn't close my eyes to dream. But he didn't care about any of that, He held out his arms and said "Do you want a hug?"

I accepted. I laid in his warm arms and finally closed my eyes. There was nothing romantic about this, It felt like I was sleeping in the arms of my brother. Nothing more. Slowly, I started to drift off, I surrendered to my tiredness and dreamed. No nightmares, no waking up randomly, Just simple slumber. I didn't know what difference it made that Yunho was with me but I've felt comfort in him ever since.

Once He had noticed that I had fallen asleep. he picked me up and carried me quietly to my bed. With me in his arms, he entered mine, Yeosang and Seonghwa's room. Accidently Yeosang had woken up and spotted him. "What are you doing in here?" he asked, while he sat up rubbing his eyes. Yeosang quickly grasped the situation as Yunho stood there awkwardly, holding me in his arms. He put me in my bed and tucked me in. He then walked over to Yeosang who was just watching.

"She couldn't sleep again could she?" Yeosang asked.

"She does this often?" Yunho answered.

My brother just sighed and looked at me with sorrow. "Yeosoon, has nightmares every night." Yunho took a seat on the end of Yeosang's bed. "It had gotten to the point where she would scream in her sleep. That's probably why she is staying awake. And yet she fell asleep in your arms I'm guessing."

Yunho nodded. "But why does she have nightmares?" He asked carefully.

Yeosang just looked at him and said "Go back to bed, it's late."

Yunho understood and got up to leave until Yeosang said "If you ever notice she's tired, can you stay with her so she can sleep?"

Yunho looked back at his member "Of course." he smiled and exited the room leaving my brother to watch as I slept until he drifted off himself.